• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Black Stained Moto-Lita Wheel

garner67

This was a risky mod, and some people may not like it... but I think it turned out nice.

I stripped the finish off my Moto-Lita wheel myself. Then, I took it to a custom cabinet shop, and they applied black stain and re-cleared with a bar top finish.

Here's a pic of it being stripped...
23791070189_large.jpg

Here's a pic of the final result...
23791070195_large.jpg

Yeah, I like it too. The lighter "wood" color of the Moto-Lita doesn't blend in very well to a black interior car. Darkening the wood makes the wheel less obtrusive. Great idea.

Thanks, Guys.

I guess my idea for this change wasn't too far fetched. I'll gotta tell you when I began this little project, it was scary to start sanding down the finish a perfectly good Moto-Lita wheel!

Now I just have to get my car all back together to use the damn wheel!!!

Send the steering wheel my way and I will report back how it drives........ :danc

"AzPete" said:
Send the steering wheel my way and I will report back how it drives........ :danc
Now why would he do that? The nut behind the steering wheel would damage it to no end! :hide2

"AzPete" said:

Keep dreaming...

The wheel will just have to wait for me to have it's turn at the helm of a Mustang.

You should send pics to Moto Lita, maybe they will add one to their line of wheels once they see how cool it looks. Maybe they will call it the garner67 whell.

Nice job Michael :cool

What type of finish did they use? A resin or conversion varnish maybe??

Back