• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Blankety blank computers....

AzPete

Well, my 3.5 year old Dell laptop just decided to die while I was on it..... :expl..... Keeps giving a screen that tells me it is not working and to start in safe mode. Then, it does not allow for entry to the safe mode. Soooooo, I stole the wifes for now. I plan on buying a new cheapy one and send mine in for repair. Wife says it is still under warranty. Just takes them a month or so to fix. I have a line on a local guy who can remove vital stuff before sending it is but for now, the main thing I am without is bookmarks.

Enough complaining for now.............................................. :headac

Make a boot disk from another pc, boot the laptop to it, and type chkdsk /r. That might bring windows back from the dead. If that doesn't work, grab the largest caliber gun you have and go target practicing.

Yep, I agree on the gun.....

My daughter has a co-worker that can do magic with them so I will let him play with it. In the mean time, dot a new one on the way and the wife is just without hers for a few days. I don't even know what my daughter ordered me.....just let her have the card and be done.

I think today has to deal with a previous post about wanting to destroy something. Earlier today, I went to empty the tanks on the RV and the drain hose broke open on the worst tank possible. Talk about having a crappy day.........

According to Aukmed in some far a way land, the hard drive took a major dump. Gave it to my daughters co-worker to see what he can remove from the memory and such and Dell is sending a new hard drive. Such fun..... Now, I am not sure if I want to keep the new one we ordered as I really don't need an extra one. Decisions...............

The Dell runs again!!!!!.

Dell came thru with a new hard drive under warranty plus the power adapter that was bad. Had a friend checking things out and he could not save some of the few items I had not backed up but no big deal. Just gotta remember to do that more often. He did say he has only seen one other that had a hard drive as dead as mine was. Sooooo, the wife gets hers back and I am up and running again.....even have some updated programing now too. :pep

Back