• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bob's really done it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf do as i say, not as i do. :yikes People are going to get :mid over this one. Wont be long now, i bet the numbers here will grow exponentially.

So it seems.

Everyone, please refrain from bashing VMF or Bob or any of the mods of VMF. I say this not as a Moderator (Because I do not moderate posts here...My job here is purely technical in nature) but as a community member, who is concerned not with tearing any other board on the web down, but only in building this one up.

Thanks,

Steve

:ide ive been wondering for sometime now, and figure this is the best place to ask. since you cant say stangfix over there :gobp, what happens if your sig has the tag on it. Like if my sig here was the same over there?

J - i seam to recall somebody saying something over there to you about it... Am i correct?

"lethal289" said:
:ide ive been wondering for sometime now, and figure this is the best place to ask. since you cant say stangfix over there :gobp, what happens if your sig has the tag on it. Like if my sig here was the same over there?

J - i seam to recall somebody saying something over there to you about it... Am i correct?

Look for posts by me on the other forum (Atlanta Steve, with the space) and you'll see I have the tag.

Jeremy did get a bit of a "hey now" from Nick about his sig. When I realized stangfix was a bad word overthere, I changed my sig to include the tag to see if I got any trouble. I don't post much there, but nobody has said boo to me about it...If they did, I'd just change it. Till they do, Oh well.

steve, i tried, i think you got in pre ban. If you post something now, im sure your sig wont appear. Ive been having somebody PM me about some other pics, so when i answered i posted pics from my gallery here and none of them show up. So i tried to change my sig to the one i use here and same thing. Nothing. just an X. :wtf

To repeat something I've heard many times... including earlier today..... Bob has repeatedly stated that when the admin duties of the VMF stopped being fun that he'd walk away.

I guess it stopped being fun.

I think it's been obvious that something has been going on with Bob the last several months. His patience/tolerance level dropped to about "zero". I truly hope that it's nothing serious. Business? Personal life? I'm sure there is more behind this than any of us are privvy to.

"daveSanborn" said:
To repeat something I've heard many times... including earlier today..... Bob has repeatedly stated that when the admin duties of the VMF stopped being fun that he'd walk away.

I guess it stopped being fun.

I think it's been obvious that something has been going on with Bob the last several months. His patience/tolerance level dropped to about "zero". I truly hope that it's nothing serious. Business? Personal life? I'm sure there is more behind this than any of us are privvy to.

I can tell you this....There are days when I have to force myself to get on the board. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because it sometimes turns into quite a chore.

Take this morning for instance. We had a spell of about 10-15 minutes when the board was completely kaput. Most of you probably did not even know. I happened to be on when it occurred and was able to get it under control fairly quickly. I did not accomplish shit the rest of the day because I felt compelled to check on the board.

I had many things to do which all got side tracked.

Bob is probably enjoying his first vacation in a long time without thinking about the board. I know there are those that are not fond of him, but I think the guy has earned a rest.

I do know that having the right people on board as mods and admins has been an incredible help to me. You guys (and Laurie:)
are the BEST! I rarely have to even bother with the day to day stuff. I appreciate what you all do everyday. :boohoo

VMF (its not banned here) is and I hope it remains a great site for Vintage Mustang enthusiats. As for how Bob has handled it in the past year or so is another matter. Whereas it had been a quite self-policing site it became a well known site with only one person in charge and all his minions reporting to what they all thought was bad. As we all knew it WAS his website and rightly so he could do as he wanted. But it seemed he became frequently irritated with casual replies thinking they were in response to him. Paranoia I think quickly took over and all were out to get him.
I really think he could have asked and recieved major financial help to keep the site as it was but he also knew many,many VMFers (as we called ourselves) that had been around for years were no longer willing to support his present attitudes and they moved on and hence he knew the request for support may not have gotten far. All conjecture on my part I will admit. But a business look at what he was up against is something we may never know.
I hope his trials are few in the ensueing future and that the VMF stays the great site that it is but as many know, any type of business meager always is intitially reported to have no significant impact until the majority party formulates a plan and institues it. This will happen at VMF too I would guess.

Oh and you VMF moderators that skulk around here and report back to Bob please tell him....I still don't know why he banned me but I do know I never received an apology from him for all the F-bombs he dropped on me for a simple comment...and Bob I'm glad you went camping this weekend...You needed to get out more.

R

No doubt you and Bob deserve many accolades for what you do for the forums. But I hope you realize that all you need to do is ask and we (I'll do what I can) will come to your aid. We also understand if things don't go right here for some technical reason we will be patient and not expect any instant repsonse by you or others. You have lives too and we should all understand that.

If we had a 'applaud' smilie (get on that will ya....just kidding) I would be clicking it many times.

Thank you for being here....and to Bob thank you for the VMF.

Talk about brown nosin! Sheez! I sure hope you can sleep after all that sole dumpin Mike.

Sounds like Mike is jones'n for a title change.......Mini Sluggo :ky

No, Sluggo already has a mini d***. Don't think he'd want another one unless he stacks them end to end :wtf

Back