• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

burning music to CD problem

SAC69

Donator
I am using a Toshiba Satellite (age 6 yrs) laptop to copy some music CD's and and running into a reoccurring frustrating problem. I copy the original CD's into Itunes and then creating a "playlist" to copy, insert a new 80min CD for music, it seems to copy the songs from that playlist then is in the "finishing" stage when a message appears to put a new blank CD in, doing this again with a new CD will result in the same message and the CD is no longer able to be copied and is now useless & no music is on there to play.

Using Windows Media Player will result in the same thing. It's not on all CD's for either application but lately failure rate is approaching 90% and I am wasting new CD's.

What is f**ked-up here?

Please help, my technical skills are marginal.

Thanks

Gigantopithecus

With that high of a failure rate, I doubt its the CDs. Make sure the total time isn't over the limit for the cd. Try lowering your write speed. Also check if there's any firmware updates for the drive itself.

SAC69

Donator
"Gigantopithecus" said:
With that high of a failure rate, I doubt its the CDs. Make sure the total time isn't over the limit for the cd. Try lowering your write speed. Also check if there's any firmware updates for the drive itself.

I tried three different brands of CD's to rule that out as an issue. The time is under the 80min, that was an issue with one but it gave me a warning on not enough space. I will try to lower the write speed. Thanks.

Fst Blk

Problem in my opinion is itunes :whis It has to be the most finicky junk I have ever used. WMP is far better for writing discs IMO.

Bill

blue65coupe

Could be write speed but I have experienced same problem with itunes. Copy your songs from itunes into a new folder created on your desktop. Then copy from desktop to cd.