• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

C4 to T5 conversion w/hydraulic clutch

I'm seriously considering swapping out the C4 for a T5. Has anyone done the hydraulic clutch upgrade? Can anyone speak to a cheaper way to do the swap? Been searching for a used '93 T5, but slim pickings - can anyone recommend a vendor lower than $1695? Most posts I've found are several years old, so I'm hoping there are more recent prices and recommendations. Thanks

I like my TKO better than my T5. Both have hydraulic clutches. I bought new and everything fit like a glove.

I didn't cut anything to make it fit in either the 67 or 65.

The hard part was the pedals. My body don't bend so well. Take the seat out it is easier to get under the dash.

I got a new drive shaft in the 65 that I took the C4 out of.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I did but took the cable setup.(read less expensive )
If I had the cash ,I would go hydraulic.
Don't know about the TKO but I like my T5z trans.

(real guys have a stick ) LOL :rolleyes:

I put a T5 with a hydraulic clutch in the fastback. I used Modern Driveline's hydraulic setup with a slave cylinder attached to the side of the transmission instead of the hydraulic throw out bearing setup. Bruce at MD talked me into the slave set up. I also utilized a crossmember from Mustangs Plus and the install couldn't have been simpler. Modern Driveline has all the parts you need to do the swap including the clutch pedal and related parts, speedo cable, crossmember, clutch and transmission if you so choose. I bought a used T5 for a couple hundred dollars and rebuilt it with a kit from Ford Racing (another couple hundred). I used the DVD from Bad Shoe Productions and the rebuild process could not have been simpler.

Back