• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CAA AC System

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Just ordered my Classic Auto Air system for Julie's Mustang. I have heard all of y'alls horror stories on the install. I also have problem laying on my back with my herniated disk. So I am having it installed at a local shop.

Looking forward to Saturday shows with AC.

Chicken.............I have the same back issues.......Midlife has a good back, sure he would love to help on another one.

"janschutz" said:
Maybe if I find some Wattles, I can get him to help! :shrug

You locate the Wattles.....then we can talk......I might be able to work it....

I drove my fastback yesterday in the summer heat of VA and didn't even break a sweat in the car. First summer with a/c after owning the car 17 years now.

It was GLORIOUS!!!

I'm loving mine too after installing it a few weeks ago (perfect fit caa). I had to hook up the electric fan controller to turn it on when the air comes on. See my previous posts trying to lure Randy and Pete to come down here for Yukon Jack/Wattles...lol :yah

I recently installed the engine upgrade kit in my Mustang and now it's even more enjoyable to drive than ever. A very good investment. :yah

The shop just called to say that the AC system has arrived. The Mustang goes in Monday for the install! :thu

"janschutz" said:
You did not miss that post, I did not say. It will be 3K including the cost of the AC kit.

I'd say if they do good work it is worth it so you don't have to do it....

Mel

OK.....about the cost of parts to do the install and service it. I don't even think there is a shop here that would know how to install one.

"AzPete" said:
OK.....about the cost of parts to do the install and service it. I don't even think there is a shop here that would know how to install one.

You're forgetting the Midlife Last Chance Garage, but they do charge exorbitant fees (multiple bottles of Wattles)...

"Midlife" said:
You're forgetting the Midlife Last Chance Garage, but they do charge exorbitant fees (multiple bottles of Wattles)...

If only you were local ...

We should all get together next year for the Power Tour!

Back