• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

California Meet-In-The-Middle (CA-MITM) Oct21-22 2011

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
StangFix's 56th Annual California Meet-In-The Middle

Again by popular demand MITM will again be in the lovely and scenic Pismo Beach. There's something about the ocean view from all the rooms that the ladies just seem to like. Of course the pool and spa with the same views help too.

Dates for the 54th annual MITM will be:
October 21-22-23, 2011

The hotel of choice: The fine Kon Tiki Inn http://www.kontikiinn.com
Not the cheapest hotel by any means but its a weekend that the wives really enjoy because of its location and views.
Please contact and reserve a room ASAP. I spoke with the manager (Irwin) and explained our group. He noted that the early reservations get first choice of rooms and our plan is to request a few rooms on the north end of the building on the ground floor and above so we can all hang out outside a room on the lawn.
So when you call mention that you are with the 'Mustang Group' (I figured noting StangFix would be too confusing to one not involved in the hobby). Request a ground floor room at the north end of the building or on any floor above a existing 'Mustanger' on the ground floor. I already have my reservation for a ground floor room.

Here's the agenda:
Friday meet up at KonTiki with the usual look at cars and have a drink...or two.
Dinner Friday we'll walk to Giuseppe's http://www.giuseppesrestaurant.com/
I'll try to get the back room but usually that's for larger parties....with signed contract. After dinner relax outside a ground floor room with talk and drinks.

Saturday:
After a casual morning breakfast, wherever you choose (walk to the local cinnamon bun bakery, yum-yum) we will join up (at a time to be determiined) for a nice cruise. This year's cruise will head north along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH/Hwy1) to the town of Cambria. There, due to congestion and other parking concerns it will be every Mustang for itself. Meaning park where you can and walk and enjoy the town alone or with others. Check out the shops, lunch at a local eatery or just drive on....it's all your choice. Head back to KonTiki's pool and spa at your leisure.
A easy going day with lots of 'Me' time. Go shopping, walk downtown, walk the beach, pull a engine, hey, do what you want.

Saturday night dinner will be as it was last year. So no driving to a crowded restaurant. The 'Plan'? Order up some pizzas (not as many this time Jennifer) and hang at a ground floor room/lawn and drink what'ya brung and sit around and enjoy the place. Use the pool, spa, the view and enjoy the company. Maybe I'll schedule a missile launch from Vandenberg AFB like I did last year.

Sunday its time to drive home, which for some is also a nice cruise.

So get your reservations made at Kon Tiki Inn and I hope we have a good turn-out.

Oh and let me know if you are coming. Nothing really to keep track of, just need a head count to get a reservation at Giussepp'e.

KBMWRS
Mike

Stang Fix's 26th semi-annual MITM Committee, 18th year running

Re: California Meet-In-The-Middle (CA-MITM) 2011

Mel,
Because the weather starts to change quickly during the fall, mid/latter Sept is far more attractive than beginning/mid October.

Craig, I beg to differ. Two of my daughters live in SLO and I have been there many times in mid Oct as well as I am from there, and can tell you there is just as much chance of having good weather in Oct as in Sept.

Besides, Oct is the end of tour season and I can break free to attend.

Mel

Oh what do I know............. except that Kon Tiki better have a T shirt in my size this time.

Oh, you know a lot you old goat!

I just say'in...I would like to attend this year!

Mel

Meet in the Middle? The middle of what? No California. Well, maybe for you southern and central CA folks, but not for us TRUE northern CA inhabitants!! IIRC, it was over an eight hour drive for us. I guess Redding isn't considered part of CA. LOL OK....I'll get off my :soapboxrant now.

I'll have to check with the brains of the outfit (Moostang), but I think that either weekend would work for us.

I would prefer late September. It works out for me scheduling wise.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm ok with either weekend.

Food for thought: The average temperature in Pismo Beach is about the same for September and October. The average rainfall is about double for October--about 2/3 of an inch compared to about 1/3 in September. Not much difference, actually.

Frank

"66gt350" said:
Meet in the Middle? The middle of what? No California. Well, maybe for you southern and central CA folks, but not for us TRUE northern CA inhabitants!! IIRC, it was over an eight hour drive for us. I guess Redding isn't considered part of CA.

Well the Middle of California is more like Madera or coastal wise Castroville...oh what fun that would be.

Or if we take the middle of those attending..say between Redding and SanDiego, then the middle would be more like Kettleman City or caostal....San Simeon.

SO PISMO IT IS!!!! :yah :yah :yah

If you looked at those attending and I attended it would be beautiful Bakersfield.

Oh such fun.

I would need the Oct date as that weekend in Sept is my busiest.

Frank, 1/3 of an inch of rain? That is because of the mist in the AM. Hehehe 1/3 of an inch...

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you look at a map, you'll see that Monterey is the middle of Calif. Just sayin' :sarc

"Opentracker" said:
If you look at a map, you'll see that Monterey is the middle of Calif. Just sayin' :sarc

Hey I was using a ruler and crude measuring and I came up with Castroville...slightly north of you. :yah :yah

There's only one Meat in the middle I'd like to be at and it's pictured in the mens room at the Baja Cantina. :shee

"Opentracker" said:

So it's MITM at John's House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer

If it's in Monterrey I my actually go!!! With a new kid planned to join this world at the end of August I doubt we will be joining this year.

"KBMWRS" said:
Hey I was using a ruler and crude measuring and I came up with Castroville...slightly north of you. :yah :yah

Well, Castroville is the home of the Artichoke festival and that's about it. Monterey is a little bit more fun.

Well if you guys want to do it October that's fine. I was hoping to make it a week off work because the Queen Mary show is the weekend before. The wife said that we will be there no matter which weekend it is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I just talked to the manager of Kon Tiki Inn (on a sunday).
I asked about changing the dates from Sep 23-24 to Oct 7-8...no can do. He's all booked up that weekend already.

Next offer is Oct 21-22....I asked about the weather and he said its usually great weather that time of year.

So next question to all.....

Keep Sep 23-24?

Or Oct 21-24?

Or Either?
KBMEWRS

Lets hear your druthers!!

Back