• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Camcorder in-car power hookup

A

Anonymous

I have a Samsung SC-HMX10C HD camera that I use to record in-car track footage. The battery will only last about <3 sessions. The charger plugs into any 110 AC outlet and charges at 8.4V DC. Would it work to power the camera by hooking it up to the battery source 12V or would it fry the camera? I've hooked bullet cams direct before, but never a camcorder.

why dont you just use a power invertor that plugs in the lighter jack, and then gives you a standard 110 plug to use for the camera and charger?
belkin-F5C400-300W-B20-5146.jpg

Like your new ride....

I have used those inverters for years to power computers and cameras and any other item I needed.

Since my lighter socket is not wired, can I just cut the plug off and wire into the fuse box?

There is normally a fuse and possibly some other electronics in the plug for the lighter. Just buy an accessory plug and then you can move the unit to your new ride too.

&quot;silverblueBP&quot; said:
Since my lighter socket is not wired, can I just cut the plug off and wire into the fuse box?

You can get inverters that are made to hook directly to hot source. I have one that hooks directly to the battery.

Back