• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can't Believe These Things are That Cheap!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Just bought a 2TB portable HD for $119 to use to archive/backup three home computers. My last archival HD's were 250GB, and cost about $200 each.

I remember awaaaay back when (circa 1988) when a 600 MB hard drive was $2000.

God Bless You, Gordon Moore! God Bless You!

I seriously need to pick up another 2tb drive. Last one I had nuked itself and I lost everything on it. Had backups of the backups spread across my other 2 350gb drives though. Yay for double redundantcy....or paranoia.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My father inlaw had one of the first vhs tape players around--near $2000. in the late 70's if I remember correctly. Why don't cars and gas go down??

"Horseplay" said:
You should have just taken one from work like most government workers. :whis

I kidd

Ummm, excuse me. Gov't workers never TAKE things from work. They borrow, acquire, reassign, or appropriate. NEVER do they take though! :whis

"Midlife" said:
Just bought a 2TB portable HD for $119 to use to archive/backup three home computers. My last archival HD's were 250GB, and cost about $200 each.

I remember awaaaay back when (circa 1988) when a 600 MB hard drive was $2000.

God Bless You, Gordon Moore! God Bless You!

Is that one of the WD My Passport Ultras? The are available on AmazonPrime for $109 with free shipping...
Good insurance has never been cheaper...

"Horseplay" said:
You should have just taken one from work like most government workers. :whis

I kidd
But the government still is using 150GB portable hard drives, encrypted, tagged with stickers up the wazoo for inventory, and are as rare as 1969 Boss 351 convertibles.

Back