• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Celebrity Deathwatch THE GAME

Anyone have James Arness?

CBS spokesman Chris Ender says former "Gunsmoke" star James Arness has died at age 88.
Ender had no further details, but Arness' official website said the actor died Friday of natural causes.

Arness played U.S. Marshal Matt Dillon in the 1955-75 CBS Western series that ran on CBS from 1955 to 1975, becoming the longest-running dramatic series in network history until NBC's "Law & Order" tied.

The Minnesota native was 32 when friend John Wayne declined the lead role in "Gunsmoke" and recommended Arness instead.

Arness said he left home at age 18, hopping freight trains and ships. He was wounded in World War II, then went to Hollywood where he had parts in more than 20 films before going to "Gunsmoke."

He was the brother of Peter Graves, star of the TV series "Mission Impossible."

I had James Arness (see reply #34), along with ZsaZsa Gabor. She's on her deathbed, so I might be the winner!

Sorry to see Arness go; I enjoyed Gunsmoke as a child.

the bad news: Amy Winehouse is dead. The good news: She's been sober for 5 days.

amy-winehouse-amy-winehouse-really-carried-away-demotivational-posters-1311554954.jpg

fd

Attachments

• amy-winehouse.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 97
Q: What's the difference between Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson?
A: Nothing, now.

Elton John will perform at Amy Winehouse’ s funeral with a beautiful rendition of Candle Under The Spoon.

Can all those mourners outside Amy Winehouse’s home please form a line? It’s what she would’ve wanted.

What was Amy Winehouse’s biggest hit? Her last one!

Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Jimmi Hendrix, Ian Curtis, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin all died at 27. Justin Bieber turns 27 in 2021. Just be patient.

Amy Winehouse seriously should’ve known where to draw the line, I guess on the coffee table wasn’t such a good idea.

Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Jimmi Hendrix, Ian Curtis, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin all died at 27. Justin Bieber turns 27 in 2021. Just be patient.

Can we add Miley Cyrus to that list? Please?

If no one has Hideki Irabu, I'll take him. I have a bad feeling about this guy for some reason!

Back