• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Charlotte Autofair

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
The Charlotte Autofair sponsored by the Hornets Nest Region of the AACA is hosting it's 38th annual springtime collector event at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Apr 7-10. It's one of the largest auto related fleamarket, collector events in the country and THE largest in the southeast. Admission is $10 per person, under 12 is free. Public parking is $5. Over 10,000 fleamarket vendor spaces are available.

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

If you've never been, it is GIGANTIC! Vendors of all things auto and auto service related show up, occupying almost the entire infield of the track. There is also a collector car auction, and various club car displays. Outside of the track there are several large fields of swap meet vendors and additionally the AACA is holding a national show event.

It's been over 30 years since I've been and it has grown by at least twice the size I remember. One of my best friends, my father and his father used to go each year when I was in my late teens/early 20's. We quickly learned back then it was NOT an event that you plan on seeing in just one day. Ever since both our fathers passed away we have never returned

I made the decision that this year would be the year I finally attended again, as well as the same friend planning to attend with me. I plan to be there the 8th-10th. If any Fixers plan on being there feel free to shoot me a PM. We could possibly meet up and either wander the vendors, have a meal or just meet up to say hi.

Last edited:
Ive been trying to get to the Autofair (twice a year) since I moved to Greenville in 2011. Saturdays is on my calendar.

Ive been trying to get to the Autofair (twice a year) since I moved to Greenville in 2011. Saturdays is on my calendar.
I plan to get things scope'd out on Friday and hit it hard on Sat. and Sun. Two of my friends are coming up but they can't go on Fri. due to work commitments. I don't know my exact schedule on Sat. but if you wanna give me a ring when you get up there I'll PM you my cell number. No matter how things work out, enjoy the meet!!

John
Pm'd my cell number. We'll keep you in the loop as far as my attendance as the date gets closer.

Back