• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Childhood memory

I can think of a couple, Smokey and the bandit and there was this shower scene with Angie Dickinson in Dressed to Kill.........

The movie I remember the most having watched when I was a kid was a double feature of Who Framed Roger Rabbit followed by Action Jackson at the Union City Drive in. Back when my parents still had the 86 Mustang.

My very first childhood memory of watching television would be this. I remember getting ready to watch the program and mom making popcorn. I would have been <5 years old because that is a memory from Pennsylvania and we moved to California when I was 5. Your Dukes program was something that I watched while I was in college. :bird fd

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, much less what happened back in the '70's!!! :cry :cry

All right. Just off the top of my head I am thinking Gunsmoke, Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Sky King, Sgt Preston {& his dog King} & of coarse Roy Rodgers & Fury.
Any one remember these.

I remember Twilight Zone and another weird show, The Outer Limits. One episode of TOL bothered me terribly when I was about 5 or 6...Robert Culp got some sort of a virus and mutated slowly into a clawed alien that had to be locked up in a cage. I had nightmares for weeks after seeing that episode!

Twilight Zone belongs in the top 5 of TV shows of all time, IMHO.

&quot;RustyRed&quot; said:
Anyone else recall this one from their childhood. It was my favorite show for a good number of years.

Dukes of Hazzard Theme
I'm with you on that! CMT replayed episodes for a while maybe 5+ years ago. Just as good in your 30's as it was when you were 5!
Remember the only car to beat the General was Lucifer!
469.jpg

Wyatt Earp, The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Science Fiction Theater (I even remember these last two on radio - dang I'm an old fart!) How about Davey Crockett - some kids were lucky enough to own "coon-skin caps".

&quot;Midlife&quot; said:
I remember Twilight Zone and another weird show, The Outer Limits. One episode of TOL bothered me terribly when I was about 5 or 6...Robert Culp got some sort of a virus and mutated slowly into a clawed alien that had to be locked up in a cage. I had nightmares for weeks after seeing that episode!

Twilight Zone belongs in the top 5 of TV shows of all time, IMHO.

I had a bad memory like that Randy with the original movie " The Fly ". scared the bejeezus out of me. Dark Shadows was another show I remember as a kid.

Roy Rodgers.....but I was definately confused that a cowboy show riding horses would have his sidekick driving a Jeep called Nelli Belle. :amaz :craz

I'm surprised you OLD guys haven't mentioned how you miss the original Charlie Chaplin movies :eek:mg

My early TV memories are of local Bay Area, CA programming:

Saturday afternoons with Big Time Wrestling (Pat Patterson, Pepper Martin, Moon Dog Mane, and Haystack Calhoun)
Creature Features with the late great Bob Wilkins. He hosted the worst sci-fi and horror movies ever made.

Back