• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CJ Pony Parts

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Over years past I have always had tremendous luck with CJ Pony. But this last year, I have placed a significant number of large quantity, multi-piece orders and upon receiving the order, I discover half (or sometimes more) of the order is on "Back Order". When I do order the multi-piece order, usually each piece goes together. So then I am left with a partial order that I can't do squat with until whenever the rest arrives.

It just frustrates me they list products that they don't have in stock. When I see it on the website, click "add to my cart" I expect that part to be there - ready to be shipped. Maybe my expectations are too high and this is standard operating procedure more most companies. If that is the case, I have no reason to gripe.

Just an FYI and my last experiences.

- Jeremy

Perhaps you should suggest they update their site to work like the summit racing site, it provides an expected ship date which is very convienent.

yeah, I get the back orders also, but you can't beat the free shipping on WED when over $50. when you're in no rush, go w/CJ.

I hear what you guys are saying about back orders!!! I ordered one small part of sheet metal on the 4th of this month. No sign of it yet, called them twice, they said it would be in last week to ship to me straight away. called again yesterday and still no sign of the part and they are not able to tell me when the part is due...Very Frustrating as i am under pressure to get this part into a container before it leaves for Ireland next week and NPD do not stock this part. (Rear Quarter Bracket)
:cry

I actually got a letter last time from Cj stating that I would not be getting my parts because they had no clue when they would get an order in. So they just refunded my money and said "move along, nothing to see here"

officer_barbrady_move_along_sm.jpg

I haven't purchased anything online in a while. I did meet the C of CJ's at the 45th when I was buying some new wiper arms and a few small parts. I didn't have my discount card but he honored the Herd discount anyway. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years and have been happy with them.

I'm shocked more sites do not have real time inventory. When you order from summit it gives an estimated ship date, the old site did, havent been to impressed with the new layout so much. Its not that hard to list what they have in stock..

cjs sucks, my last order from them took 8 weeks to get the stuff and im in the same state. Not like it was some hard to find shit either. Mainly powersteering hoses, coils and some misc...

cj ponyparts suck ordered a power steering control valve from them, the threads on the ballstud were not cut correctly couldnt get the nut to thread on.
Emailed them several times got no reply will never buy from those monkeys again.

Ordered a big order 2 weeks ago before I found this thread. Half of my order is on back order with estimated delivery dates that pre-date my order. I think I'll probably end up canceling whatever they can't get me by this weekend.

In that same order they also sent me 2 wrong parts and on top of that, they bent to hell my 70 LH & RH fender extensions which are mad expensive to begin with. Bunch of hacks. Last time I place an order from them.

Edit: Ended up canceling half of my order today. They said they were still waiting on all of the stuff, that they would be closed for the next three days and that I likely wouldn't see anything for at least another two weeks provided it comes in soon.

If you google some Mustang parts and see their name and link, if you click on it it comes up with some lame comment such as:

"This account is disabled for maintenace purposes. Please try again in a few moments."

It has been that way for weeks.

Glad I never got involved with them.

I will never do business with them again! I had a huge ordeal with them and they were VERY rude to me. I ended up reporting them to the BBB.

I don't buy much from them really but when they have a special on an item I want/need I always throw the order their way. You can almost always be sure it is something they hold in stock and want to move so you don't get the standard BO problem. Now with their free shipping I've nailed a couple items at close to 30-40% cheaper than any other vendor. It pays to routinely surf the various vendors.

I've known these guys since they were selling used parts out of a barn. The two owners I think are good guys whose business grew too big too fast. They had to hire out help and the focus on customer service does not seem to be the same as it was when dealing with the owners.

Also, if you go by their facility, they have a huge new garage type facility for restorations and installations. I'm sure they are heavily mortgaged with the new building, and they had it built just in time for the recession to hit a couple years ago and people slowed down building cars.

I would be willing to bet that they are in a rough spot financially due to the new construction, not to mention the new store they had already (several years old), and that they are playing a risky shell game of not holding a lot of inventory, ie, less capital held up in parts, and are waiting to order the parts from their supplier until they have the part already sold or perhaps they place an order with their supplier once a week or every other week. If customers are willing to accept that, that is managable short term until they recover the capital needed to rebuild inventory. What may be biting them right now is that their supplier may be out of stock on an item, and then they are stuck having a customer waiting for the container from China or Taiwan. Any way you look at it, they are running a low inventory, and its not good for customers.

I've ordered several things from CJs in the last year. Just recently (this week) I ordered some more stuff to finish up the bling on the dash and 4 out of 5 things were on back order. Which I figured as much since it said the items ship within 5 to 7 days. No worries. I don't need them right away. Well yesterday I got a call from CJs, a live person too! saying the back order items should be shipped out within a week. Thought that was pretty cool that a person actually called to update me on the progress of the items.

I never use online checkout with any supplier. I always call and talk to someone and only order parts from CJ that they have in stock.

I did have a part that was incorrect I had no problems returning the part. The correct part was not in stock so I ordered it from someone else. I think I still have a credit with them.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from CJs over the last several months. Always something on backorder, which is not a problem for me, as most of the stuff I am stockpiling until the car is painted and ready to go back together. I figure it's a product of the lean economic times we are all dealing with, lower inventories to keep overhead down. As a small business owner myself I can totally understand.

Still waiting on parts I ordered during the black friday sale, CJs shipped them USPS and apparently for some reason the clowns at USPS returned the package to CJs. For whatever reason CJs had to cancel the order and re-enter it in their system so they could reship the parts via FedEx, I am still waiting on that package even tho the return was logged over a week ago and it's one day delivery from them to me normally, so I'm a little upset by that, but again I don't need the parts immediately so not really an issue for me.

I do have a complaint tho, the automated emails I get are un-readable, one giant wide sentence, no line breaks. I'm not sure if it's my email or theirs causing the issue, anyone else get this? I'm using Comcast email.

Back