• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cleaning the bay...

Absolutely, the hard work you're putting in now will be much appreciated, by hearing, "nice job!" vs. not hearing anything. I excitedly open my hood at the local car meets! my engine compartment is prettier than the outside of my stang!! and granted, it's work keeping a nice engine bay clean! ; )
dne'

"Horseplay" said:
You're in a car club. You go to car shows. Trust me, you want to do it right because down the road you will be opening that hood for others to see and you'll want to be proud of your work.

Besides, doing it right will make keeping it clean SO much easier.

Heckfire, no one told me either!! :shrug However, kind of stands to reason for it being the nasty stuff it is, not to be odor free! :roll

"Kats66Pny" said:
Why didn't anyone tell me how fun chemical paint stripper is?! :beer It's all.. BUBBLY!! lol

I got paid to watch concrete dry the first day I worked in prison.....

Great job Kat you are on the right track.

Now you girls, don't let the secret of what us guys are playing with out or we might have to share our hobby......

Mel

Paint stripper is great and all but now you really need to do a very thorough job of clean up afterward or you can forget about a decent paint job to follow. It's a good idea to stay away from crevices and inside corners with that stuff if possible. It gets tricky to clean it all out. Use it for the big broad surfaces and use you wheels, sandpaper etc. in the intricate areas.

Back