• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cleaning up the PO's messes....

AzPete

The old three pulley with the ribbed side of the serpentine belt running on the smooth water pump pulley. This slipped at higher RPM's and was just crappy. I could not come up with the proper grooved pulley nor could March or any other place. The engine is a 302 out of an '82 F150.
Silver66022jpg.jpg

Got a aluminum reverse flow pump (not shown here), moved the tensioner pulley to the A/C mount with a small modification for the spring end, bought a longer belt and here is the new look. I wanted to get the belt setup working before I actually switched the pump out. Also, not in this pic is the stabilizing bolt to the head so the A/C bracket would keep in one place so the belt tracks good. All pulleys have the belt centered now. I choose this routing to cut down on the long belt runs and belt slapping. Added an overflow tank last week also just because.
phone003.jpg

I should have replaced the timing chain cover as an oil pan corner bolt is cracked out (extremely small seep). My back was on its way out so I installed the pump and got it back on the road.

Back