• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Clutch pedal spring

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
With plans to use Tri Y's, should I stay with the stock clutch pedal to hangar big spring or use a 65/66 clutch return spring going from the clutch fork to LH shock tower?

I want to install the pedal hangar assy but need to first decide if I'm staying with the stock spring. Much easier to install it now while being out of the car as compared to later.

That depends more upon the style of clutch that you're gonna use. If diaphragm style, no need for the underdash large spring.

As John Dinkel just told me on the phone, "Craig that spring is for girls with a weak left leg" I said "wait a minute, nope not wearing a skirt today so I guess I won't use the big spring..."

I drove my car for a couple years with the stock long-style clutch and the assist spring and it was still really hard on my left knee, especially in traffic. Don't need it with a diaphragm clutch, but those long-style clutches are beasts.

Back