• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Converting 289 heads to Screw In Studs

dm289

Has anybody here ever used the Mr Gasket straight rocker studs to convert their 289 heads to screw in studs without milling down the pedestals? Do they leak?? It seams that since the heads already have slots and guideplates are not required, that milling the heads down for the hex heads is not needed like on a production motor where quick assembly is required??? The reason that I ask is that since recently becoming a father I am now the sole source of income, I am trying to prepare a budget set of cylinder heads for my 68 MY 302. I plan to go old school with home porting and a valve job, saving the money for a paint job, disk brakes and upholstery... Any opinion or suggestions would be appreciated.

Fst Blk

I've got a set of screw in studs (or there maybe only 15, I'll have to check) and guideplates that I would let go real cheap. I got them from another member here that had converted his.
Bill