• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Costco Toolbox

gtscode

Anyone have the Costco toolbox with butcher block top.

aqapeza7.jpg

I am thinking of getting it as I try to organize a bit better. I keep most of my tools in the wall but could use some drawer space.

You can kind of see the peg board I put up in the garage when I moved to the new house a few years ago.
2uhyqytu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a fridge on the right side. As far as Costco, not even sure I've ever seen one, but then again, I live in the sticks.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Is that a fridge on the right side. As far as Costco, not even sure I've ever seen one, but then again, I live in the sticks.

It looks like it's for the Kegerator option!!

It's just a cabinet to get it to 6 feet across.

I am also looking at a used MAC tool box but that's about $3,000 and more than I need.

Craftsman has a nice looking one on sale for $2,200.

Bet you it's made in China with cheap stainless steel that won't last long....

"gtscode" said:
It's just a cabinet to get it to 6 feet across.

I am also looking at a used MAC tool box but that's about $3,000 and more than I need.

Craftsman has a nice looking one on sale for $2,200.

DAMN! I'd rather spend that money on tools and leave them out on the workbench.

I am using a harbor freight 42 inch toolbox. It seems to be a better quality than the craftsman toolbox in my garage. You may want to take a look at their 56 inch box. Fair amount cheaper than some of the others you're looking at and likely the same or better quality as the Craftsman.
9yzy4eqy.jpg

As you can see from the picture, I built a bench around my harbor freight box. It works out great!

Last edited by a moderator:
"gtscode" said:
Anyone have the Costco toolbox with butcher block top.

aqapeza7.jpg

Butcher block top? You mean I could carve up a nice Tri Tip while wrenching on a Mustang? :thu

They've got that one at Sam's Club. $499. Assumed it's the same model. Didn't look that great,then again,The had it up on a shelf where you couldn't really look at it.

"cmayna" said:
Butcher block top? You mean I could carve up a nice Tri Tip while wrenching on a Mustang? :thu
It looks there's plenty of room on that top to prepare your meat. :roll

"68EFIvert" said:
I am using a harbor freight 42 inch toolbox. It seems to be a better quality than the craftsman toolbox in my garage. You may want to take a look at their 56 inch box. Fair amount cheaper than some of the others you're looking at and likely the same or better quality as the Craftsman.

I also have that same 42" box from HF. I compared it to the craftsman offerings last summer and didn't find anything that compared in size, quality / overall value. unlike Darreld, I kept the wheels on and use the benchtop. It has a rubber matte on the top bench , but I have kept the shipping cardboard on top for a little extra protection.
The drawers operate very smoothly... I like it a lot better than my older craftman boxes. Also, it's under $400 when you get it on sale.

I have a Kennedy box I got when I was a teenager and a small craftsman top and bottom box. Still not enough room. The drawers on both suck.

When I get around to building my shop, and my gun /fishing room, I will use one int he wood shop and one in the gun/fishing room and buy a new one for the car and metal shop.

I like the boxes at Lowes. they seem sturdy and the drawers seem to work well. The ones at Costco I have looked at seem very sturdy as well and the drawers seem to work well too. For me I will have to shop around the next time I buy a box and find just the right one!

Too many different tools for different uses around my house.

Mel

I like the one from HF that Darreld has as well. As soon as I can get out of this god forsaken city and into the place I want, I will get it. Under $400, well built, plenty of storage for now and the option of adding a top box when I need it. The deeper drawers have 4 glides for the heavier tools too.
I already got a HF gift card for Christmas that will help with about half the cost so, I'm ready....
Check it out if you get the chance. I have a coupon for HF for $359 that ends next month if you want it. (I have another.)
Let me know.

Yep I just picked up the HF one a couple months back and am pleased with it so far. Probably going to pick up the top box next month.

That does look pretty good and gets great reviews!! Chris if you have an extra coupon that would awesome!

I'll go check it out this weekend.

When I get done with year end / tax bs I am planning to buy some sort of box and get the garage cleaned up and organized.

I found one similar to this one at the link below locally on Craigs List.

http://www.harborfreight.com/11-drawer- ... 67421.html

Thinking about it.

Something else I'd like to find is some old kitchen or bathroom type cabinets. Previous owner had some mounted on the wall in the garage but decided to exclude them when they bought the place.

For whatever reason, folks want a lot for old kitchen style cabinets. :hs

Back