• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

COVID 19 Vaccine Discussion

I am disappointed, no reports of people turning into zombies or getting mutant powers. Just the death rate decreasing is all.

Isabel Kershner
By Isabel Kershner
  • Jan. 25, 2021
JERUSALEM — Israel, which leads the world in vaccinating its population against the coronavirus, has produced some encouraging news: Early results show a significant drop in infection after just one shot of a two-dose vaccine, and better than expected results after both doses.
Public health experts caution that the data, based on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, is preliminary and has not been subjected to clinical trials. Even so, Dr. Anat Ekka Zohar, vice president of Maccabi Health Services, one of the Israeli health maintenance organizations that released the data, called it “very encouraging.”
In the first early report, Clalit, Israel’s largest health fund, compared 200,000 people aged 60 or over who received a first dose of the vaccine to a matched group of 200,000 who had not been vaccinated yet. It said that 14 to 18 days after their shots, the partially vaccinated patients were 33 percent less likely to be infected.
At about the same time, Maccabi’s research arm said it had found an even larger drop in infections after just one dose: a decrease of about 60 percent, 13 to 21 days after the first shot, in the first 430,000 people to receive it.
Maccabi did not specify an age group or whether it had compared the data with a matched, non-vaccinated cohort.

On Monday, the Israeli Health Ministry and Maccabi released new data on people who had received both doses of the vaccine, showing extremely high rates of effectiveness.
The ministry found that out of 428,000 Israelis who had received their second doses, a week later only 63, or 0.014 percent, had contracted the virus. Similarly, the Maccabi data showed that more than a week after having received the second dose, only 20 out of roughly 128,600 people, about 0.01 percent, had contracted the virus.
In clinical trials the Pfizer vaccine proved 95 percent effective after two doses in preventing coronavirus infection in people without evidence of previous infection. The Israeli results, if they hold up, suggest the efficacy could be even higher, though rigorous comparisons to unvaccinated people have not yet been published.
“This is very encouraging data,” Dr. Zohar said. “We will monitor these patients closely in order to examine if they continue to suffer from mild symptoms only and do not develop complications as a result of the virus.”

fd

Any death is always considered Covid, that's how the hospitals are making money.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-161531_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-161531_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 13
Seriously, step back. Take a breath. The media along with their cohort the Left, not to leave out the lunatic fringe of the Right as well, have ordinary people thinking and acting irrationally in every way possible. Aside from our resident troll does anybody really think the Republican party tried to orchestrate a coop, for example? Or believe that COVID is some worldwide government concocted conspiracy?

Are the numbers being manipulated for various reasons and ambitions? Sure. Everything these days gets that treatment. This doesn't change the fact that people are getting sick and many are dying. There are now vaccinations that can prevent that. That isn't BS. It isn't some ploy being enacted by some evil dude set on world domination. There is a very serious virus that can kill you out there and a vaccine that can protect you. Take the fucking thing if you can access it. Help save an innocent life...or a hundred. Live so you can fuck with the liberals another day!

You want to play the conspiracy game play along trying to find out just from where and how the damn thing started from in the first place. That got lost in the fog a long time ago. You can go down all kinds of rabbit holes on that trail. Have fun. Just get the shots before your journey.

Why would Republicans orchestrate a coop? Raising chickens maybe?

Allen
Being conservative, many Republicans likely do choose to grow their own food and raise chickens for eggs. Some spell better too. I honestly don't know if I plain misspelled it or got autocorrected but either way...duh!

Any death is always considered Covid, that's how the hospitals are making money.
Every diagnosis that a patient has is listed on their death certificate. If a diabetic has a heart attack and dies, both both diabetes and the heart attack will be listed, but heart attack will be shown as the primary diagnosis. I work for a hospital dealing with data like this. We are absolutely not making money off covid deaths, quite the opposite. This is pure ignorance on display.

Being conservative, many Republicans likely do choose to grow their own food and raise chickens for eggs. Some spell better too. I honestly don't know if I plain misspelled it or got autocorrected but either way...duh!
Damn Autocarrot

Coloradoskinny, you're brand new here and we don't know anything about you. All your posts have been in this "political" part of the forum. That's cool. But how about you tell us a bit about your car(s), automotive interests, that kind of thing too. We love to see new guys rides so pics are really appreciated.

So the media wanted to do a location piece to show COVID testing and the like and they staged it up a bit for better TV. Yeah, its BS and misleading but so what? That is nothing new. I don't get your point? We all distrust ALL the media to a degree these days until proven otherwise. Or at least we should. I hope you're not trying to paint some angle that the COVID issue isn't real. Are you? You can go back and look at all my posts on this subject since day one and see I have ALWAYS been wary of believing what the TV tells me but I also live in the real world and see what is around me. My wife works in a hospital for gods sake so maybe I might hear a bit of reality more than others?

And your body your choice? I have a choice suggestion for you. How about using the ole noodle a bit more and stop believing and posting all the shit you find on Twitter and the other odd ball sites you've been showing. Sky News? Really? Australian Fox News on steroids? You're probably very much like the 95% of us here that are middle age men who lean Right but more because of conservative values than party affiliation. Take a step back from that far edge and let's have some rational discussions.

Hey! I've been lookin' for you...
I bought some 'a them billet hood hinges from you a while back and the damn things don't fit!

Just kidding. Welcome back!
I've got several MTF parts and they work great.

Coloradoskinny, Now I'm with Horseplay. I'm REALLY curious about what kinda' Mustang you might have.
But not in this thread... I've already hijacked it too much.

Back