• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Crime sucks!

RustyRed

My neighbor next door came by yesterday.

He wanted to let me know something that happened in our neighborhood about 4 a.m. Sunday morning.

There is a really nice retired lady that lives on the other side of him named Jean. Jean is a really sweet lady and her grand daughter comes down to play with the boys sometimes if she is visiting. Jean lives right next to the hike / bike trail...something I have always avoided on purpose.

Turns out that Jean had company staying over Saturday night and somehow they left the back door unlocked.

Someone further up the bike trail had called 911 about 3:30 ish. About 4 a.m. ish Jeans guest saw someone in the hall and thought it was Jean. Until a little later when the police came on the street shining their Q-beam light around looking for the suspect.

The guy had entered Jean's house through the unlocked door. Didn't appear to take anything and praise the Lord no one was hurt.

Just a good reminder it can happen anywhere so make sure to be diligent in locking the doors at night.

The suspect is also lucky whether he realizes it or not. Jean is a little grandma and probably not much threat. However, a friend of mine (George) lived in the house until he sold it to Jean. George is a Happkido master (about 6th or 7th degree) in addition to being a 2nd degree black belt in Aikido. If George had still been living there and woke up the suspect would have had a very rude awakening about the dangers of going into someone's house at night when he was thrown to the ground with some form or fashion of bone breaking move to be pinned and then hauled off to jail. If he'd have come two doors down to my house, well I sleep with my pistol close by at the ready these days so honestly glad he didn't choose to enter my home. I really hope some day this guy realizes how lucky he is. If he'd have broken in to that house a year or two earlier he'd have had to face George. I've worked with George on the mat and have no interest in ever meeting him in a dark alley when his family's safety rest in the balance, he's even more lucky he didn't come two doors down. But the suspect is still on the loose so we are hoping they catch him before he makes the mistake of coming into our house in the middle of the night. To be honest though, I have an alarm and not much chance of the guy getting in without setting the alarm off. I keep it set on "instant" at night so that as soon as something is tripped all the sirens and everything goes off instantly waking not only us but likely the neighbors as well.

I was out in the garage till midnight the evening before working on the Stang. That made me stop and think even though I had my pistol on me when I was in the garage working.

You know it is really sad they way this world is going. Hell back in the 70s I used to leave my keys in the car all the time. I would not do that now.

Back