• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CSRP VS. Chockostang Disc Brake Conversion kits.

Which kit is the one to go with

• CSRP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Chockostang

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Scarebird

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

lethal289

Whats the difference? Is one better than the other? I don't get it, they both claim to use factory parts, although re manufactured but for my car there is approximately $175 difference in price. I dont mind the money if im getting something for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have experience with either?

CSRP: http://www.discbrakeswap.com/Mustang%20 ... SWAP1.html

obj572geo410pg5p3.jpg

Chockostang: http://chockostangclassicmustang.com/di ... sions.html

388_oct3109_001_2_.jpg

I went with Chockostang but used the 70 style brakes. Very pleased. You wont find better customer service anywhere!

I also bought from Chockostang.
I bought the crossed drilled rotor kit.
Great people to deal with.IMO.

I've got the CSRP kit and love it. Kit comes complete and with great instructions. Service is also great.

"RyanG85" said:
I went with Chockostang but used the 70 style brakes. Very pleased. You wont find better customer service anywhere!

+1, awesome to deal with!

53_24_09_08_8_04_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan(s), To use the 70 style brakes, you had to change the spindles. So why the preference to use the later style?

ok, so whats the benefit between the 70 single piston caliper and say the 67 4 piston one? Obviously cost, but is there anything in functionality? I only want to do a disc set up once, so i dont want to make a mistake here.

***Edit: I see that the 4 piston KH actually has more clamping force then the single piston 70 style, so i assume price of future replacement is the only benefit.

"lethal289" said:
Ryan(s), To use the 70 style brakes, you had to change the spindles. So why the preference to use the later style?

ok, so whats the benefit between the 70 single piston caliper and say the 67 4 piston one? Obviously cost, but is there anything in functionality? I only want to do a disc set up once, so i dont want to make a mistake here.

***Edit: I see that the 4 piston KH actually has more clamping force then the single piston 70 style, so i assume price of future replacement is the only benefit.

I bought the '70 model set-up for a few reasons. First off, these are on my '63 Fairlane, not my Mustang, which is just a cruiser. The '70 spindle is larger and more robust, also using a larger outer tie rod. I doubt it matters, but it gave me a warm fuzzy. I wanted to run Ford steel wheels and the KH brakes require special steel wheels to clear the calipers. Last, I figured the single caliper setup was more reliable and cheaper to maintain (That may or may not be true.)

Mostly for the same reasons the other Ryan did.... Plus I had already picked up a set of 1970 knuckles at a salvage yard for next to nothing.

Single piston calipers are a little more reliable, simply because there are fewer pistons to stick. That said, as long as you keep on top of your brake fluid maintenance, the KH calipers should work just fine. Mine have been good ever since I put them on a few years ago:)

Back