• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cupertino and Los Gatos/Santa Cruz Mountains.

"Horseplay" said:
Why would you consider the move to an area you and the wife are not real fans of if you took any economic gain and used it toward the new house? If all the money was spent that way I would be questioning why it made sense. Of course, I am going on the belief you are happy with your present situation.

Besides, making that kind of scratch shouldn't you be required to give most of it to the poor? Oops...wrong thread.

Long Game is the only reason, plus like I said...I think living in the mountains with less people, better scenery would be a vast improvement over the valley living we did before. Also CA market is depressed. Move in, buy low (as compared to the high) 3-5 yr hold and either the role lights my career on fire and propels me up faster than my current rate or gives me the line item to take and find the fire elsewhere. There are some company names when on your resume open more doors....this is one of them. Other examples....for any young grads out there.....focus all your efforts on landing entry level gig at one of the big 3 consulting firms. Plan on 5-8 yrs and you will have line item (and experience) to leap frog fellow graduates in pay and title in a more traditional company structure.

I thought moving to Bend, OR and living in the Cascade mountains would be coolest ever. It was great until it started snowing in October and didn't stop until June. I used to love snow, but after that for 2 years, we decided mountain life really wasn't as fun as we thought it would be!

Just another POV.

The amount of snow you get is determined by the elevation that you pick. If you don't go too high into the mountains, you'll get some snow, but you won't need a snow plow to get out. It's unusual for the snow level to drop down beneath 1500-2000 ft around here. But it does happen once in awhile.

edit: This year, there's not much for snow on the mountains. Mt. Shasta ski park hasn't even opened up.

Nick,

There is the very rare times that Santa Cruz mtns would get a dusting of snow. To you it would be laughable but to people who never see nor drive in the stuff it scares them.

Snow in California mountains is usually the Sierras and that's no where near where you would be considering living.

The houses (very nice I might add) you are considering seem to have more space around them to be of use rather than subdivision living. They not in mountains but hills. Area seems more like country living but you are very near major shopping in Gilroy and Morgan Hill.

And your explanation of you career move makes more sense now and maybe you can tolerate California.

"KBMWRS" said:
And your explanation of you career move makes more sense now and maybe you can tolerate California.

The idea of being able to drive my mustangs 12 months of the year is simply horrible.

"dodgestang" said:
The idea of being able to drive my mustangs 12 months of the year is simply horrible.

That and if you ever want to add to your herd, the amount of rust free iron out here is also horrible. :sm_NTA

fd

"dodgestang" said:

Ya, that is pretty rough. Mine's sitting out in the parking lot, it's just too nice to leave it sitting in the garage.

"cmayna" said:
Let's face it Nick, you just want to be a 49er fan! :thu

:puk Craig...not all Californians are Forty-Whiner fans...

You're considering working for Picchetti Brothers Winery? The pay must be pretty damn good there!

"cmayna" said:
Yeah, let's just see who wins this coming weekend.......

Any Givin Sunday

pg2_rodgers_bailey_saked_576.jpg

fd

Attachments

• rodgers_bailey_saked.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 91
Ouch.

How many active NFL quarterbacks came from CA?

Picture had nothing to do with my post but had to add it anyway. LoL
a6898c6f-334f-3709.jpg

"dodgestang" said:
Wait....what are we talking about again?

Yes, back to the original topic, you leaving sanity behind and moving to the land of fruits and nuts.

Back