• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Current Projects

How many of you have a current project car you are working on?

• One

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Multiple

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Mine is Finished (for the most part)

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
"tarafied1" said:
I've only been working on mine for nearly 20 years :vio
It's mostly done aside from the continuosly ongoing urge to change things and the occasional repair. Future plans include a R&P, tilt column, 5 or 6 speed OD, wider rear wheels & tires, aluminum heads, etc. It was a Chicago "rust belt" beater that has been almost completly re-skinned, new quarters, floors, frame rails, etc.
Currently looking for another project but not in any real hurry. I have a few potential project vehicles but not sure they are the right project.

Since you asked Sluggo, I have thought maybe we could have a "sticky" with a link to each of the project cars history for the members. Many of the pics are in the gallery but it would be cool to see them in order and read some details...

That's probably doable. Remind me in a couple weeks though. Got a lot of stuff cookin' right now.

Midlife is done...stuck a fork in it two years ago. Aside from some very minor problems, it runs reliably and doesn't break down. As AZPete yells to me (he's hard of hearing now with his new non-muffler system), I don't drive it enough for it to break (about 30 miles a weekend). So...my current project is fixing Pete's POS and when he's not around, I restore underdash harnesses for a few extra coins in my pocket.

That 30 (two 15 mile runs) mile a week drive also depends on rain, temp, wind, clouds, bugs, dust, traffic, and sunshine all being set just so as to not require any cleaning once he has "cruised" at 6:30 am on the weekend. :naug

Still working on stripping the dang paint! If I could finish up the honey do/ house update list, I might actually get to it before spring! :yikes

"AzPete" said:
That 30 (two 15 mile runs) mile a week drive also depends on rain, temp, wind, clouds, bugs, dust, traffic, and sunshine all being set just so as to not require any cleaning once he has "cruised" at 6:30 am on the weekend. :naug

It's hot and humid here, or haven't you noticed?

Where to start...? They're all projects to one degree or other. Even the one, "done" car, needs a new fuel gauge sender in the gas tank and the seat back opening lever fixed on the driver's side. What I'm currently occupied with are the red "twins:"

1969 Mach: Need to install my groovy new billet grill and hood scoop grill, replace the front bumper, replace the broken head light, and worstly--do the heater core (A/C car). The heater core is one of my over winter projects when I don't drive due to the constant rain.

1969 GT Sportsroof: Need to replace a bunch of rotten fuel lines, do a general tune-up, put the rubber and trim on the brake pedal, bleed the brakes +/- replace the master cylinder if I don't get more pedal, and replace the radiator (thinking of moving up to the A/C sized radiator as I have over-heating paranoia) that has a cheesy pusher fan bolted on to the front.

Going to put the new motor in the Mach to the test this weekend. I'm doing the second oil change in the morning, then we're headed out for a 500-mile round trip up to Seattle to attend the Mustang Round Up/Pony Trails event Thursday-Sunday. This should be interesting...I've been racking the miles around home for the past couple of months, tho, so I think it's ready.

project 1
eleanor replica being built for my nephew nearly done.
project 2
69 mach 1 resto-mod on route from california to u.k
project 3
67 coupe sitting in riverside CA awaiting resto.
project 4
68 bullit replica starting shortly

Doing a motor swap on the orange 65 coup

Puttin a Watts Link (home made) in the 66 coup along with a Boss 302, new interior, sub frames, roller suspension.

My new track car is a 65 Ranchero with the motor set back and the radiators in the rear to offset the weight. It's also gonna have about 500hp @ 2500lbs. Should be fun.

Adding more HP to the mule (daily driver 64 Falcon Sprint) = motor swap and change the t-10 to a toploader. Got the trans. motor being built

Finishing up the roller front end in the 61 Ranchero. With the shocks undone, I can bounce the car off the ground in three bounces. This car is for our booth to show off the roller stuff.

Finish the motor sawp in the Dune Buggy and have some fun.

Putting a new flex plate in the 64 wagon and sell it.

Put some new wiring in the 68 Ranchero and sell it.

Pull the 68 coup out of the weeds and clean it up for sale.

Finish the interior, get the motor running on the 64.5 and sell it.

Pull the good motor/trans out of the trashed 64 Ranchero and make a trailer out of it.

Make a limo out of the extra 63 Galaxie's we have

shelby2.jpg

Give this original paint some wax. And a few other things to make it run.

I do have a finished car.

63galaxie.JPG

I bought my '66 coupe about a year and three months ago.

It has been a "driving project" since I bought it. Have been enjoying driving it while fixing it up a little here and there as time / money allows.

Right after I bought it we redid the brakes. They were really bad and didn't feel safe driving it till it was done.

Since, I have have put in a new gas tank, new head light harness, tail light harness, new turn signal switch. Replaced the floor pans (along with carpet), redid the package tray, stripped and painted the dash, and most recently replaced the core support / fender apron / battery tray.

A very long list of "to do's" that I'd like to get done but none of them are something I have to get done to drive mine. The one of most priority is pulling the engine for a rebuild (or replacement) and painting the engine bay while the motor is out. I had planned to do this project a while back but the wife's soap opera career has that on hold for the time being. Sucks to. There was (maybe is still?) a guy that was selling a project car with a rebuilt 289 and a brand new TCI street fighter transmission for a couple of grand. If it were up to me, I would have bought it, put his engine / trans in my car, the resold his car with my current engine / trans installed as a project car. End of day, I could have ended up with basically a free motor and transmission.

My '66 2+2 is for the most part done. My radar detector has front and rear sensors that are hard mounted to the car. The rear sensor is broken. I've already contacted Rocky Mountain Radar and they're waiting for me to send it in for repair. I need to play around with adjusting the 4link a little bit and probably change out the "too stiff" rear springs.

My Mustang is pretty complete now... although everytime I look it over or drive it I remind myself of 20 more things I should do. I don't think it will ever be done, but it sure is close to being finished. My other project is a 65 chebby el camino. I've had it for 22 years... neglected the last 7 or so years while finishing the Mustang.

I'm spending my summer landscaping my backyard, so there's no dinero to work on my coupe. The GT cloning, Body/paint, suspension, diaphragm clutch, 3.25 swap/rebuild, auto meter gauge swap, and interior are all done. My original motor runs great/no smoke, but my T10 is tired. My upcoming plans are:

1) 4v swap with a Shelby aluminum manifold and Edelcrotch carb have been sitting on my workbench for 9 months, and I'm hoping they will somehow install themselves.
2) Rebuild the 289 with AFR heads and matching stuff.
3) Update seats with the pony TMI sport models
4) T5 swap with higher rear gears

Mine probably qualifies as a nice driver. Work to be done: AOD Transmission, disc brakes, fresh paint, redo seats and carpet. If I could get those things done in the next 4 years, I'd be thrilled.

Back