• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Daddy, that man hit me"

"blue65coupe" said:
Thumbs up Dave. Can't wait to hear the follow up. I think in reality, you just met one helluva park bench.

Park bench? Hmm, think they're more comfy than a bar bench Duane? :confu hehehehe

3y5y6y8e.jpg

Came pretty close to getting in a fight yesterday Dave if it makes you feel any better.

We are putting together a ball team for the boys. Roster was supposed to include three boys that are triplets. They've indicated since last season ended in December they were on board and coach has been turning away prospects thinking roster is full with the triplets on it. My boys were at pitching lessons yesterday and another local team was having try outs when we noticed the triplets showed up to try out for the other team.

Guy sees me, goes into damage control mode and comes over to tell me they aren't serious just doing a try out for the hell of it. Guess he thought I was born yesterday? I text our coach and tell him they are there and coach calls him and tells them they are off the team. If it was a kid I'd probably have kept my mouth shut but if tryouts are pretty much over and we lose three we don't have a team. Three kids is 25% of our roster. If they wanted to go somewhere else they should man up and say so and we wouldn't be holding their spot / turning prospects away.

I see triplet dad on phone very shortly after I text coach then he starts coming my way when he hangs up. I'm thinking, this should be interesting....I was studying his body language on approach and got my feet in basically a fighting stance just in case. He walks up and says did you tell Coach Allen we were here? I stared him straight in the eyes and told him, "you're dam right I did" with an undertone of what are you going to do about it type attitude.

He then tells me Coach Allen kicked them off our team and very sarcastically says "thanks". I asked when he planned to tell us they were leaving as we are turning away prospects and does he think I'm stupid enough to believe that's the only try out they were going to.

He starts walking away and says something else sarcastic to which I basically said "f you pal."

The irony.....the coach of the team having tryouts (coach Mark) texted me later that day asking what our plans are for the season and wanting to know if we needed some place to play. The triplets were not our strongest players and guess Mark was less than impressed with what he saw on Saturday. Now Mark is having more tryouts tomorrow night.

I told Mark we were already committed to our team but nice when you get unsolicited text from coaches trying to recruit my boys.

Dumb butt triplet dad tried to tell me it was the cost making them think about moving. In reality I know he was mad his kids didn't get as much play time as others last season. His kids are not that good and he's one of "those parents" who thinks their kids are better than they really are.

My thought is karma is a cruel mistress. Triplet Dad was playing games and got burned. The odds of us being there to see them at that try out were about a million to one. We were supposed to do lesson on Thursday but it got rained out. I had asked their pitching instructor weren't there tryouts Saturday when he called to reschedule and he mistakenly thought the try out date had been changed.

If it would have been another few weeks till we found out they were leaving there would have been eight kids on our roster getting screwed thinking they had a team to find out they didn't....couldn't happen to a nicer guy....they are off our team and if the other coach is sending me a text I'm thinking he wasn't too interested in asking them to be on his team, LOL!

Kind of wish he would have taken a swing. It would have been my pleasure to throw him and pin him then wait for the cops to show up and haul him in for asault, LOL!

Well I almost got into a bar fight last night. I just kept thinking what would Dave do?

Every year I take my staff out bowling for a Christmas party. We have minors so we have to keep it pg. After all the young ones leave me and some of the others head out somewhere to have a drink. We followed one of the guys to a tiny little local corner bar. Never been there before.

As we walk in this guy is on his way out. Stops in the door blocking us. He finally moves and let's us in. Then decides to come back in and tell us all about how everyone in the bar are a$$holes. He's of course completely "falling over, park bench" drunk and a complete inbreed redneck. We just ignored him. Sat down and ordered a drink. He just starts kind of pacing behind us. So we decide let's play some darts. We walk over to the corner and start putting money in the machine and guess who follows us over.

At this point he gets in one my buddies face real close and starts talking about how he's gonna "teach him somethin". He just keeps muttering you got be a man, I'm gonna teach you something. One of the other guys is trying to talk him down with no luck. He just keeps talking in his face. Finally after about 5-10 minutes of him yapping I see we are getting no where, so I step in too. I got him out my friends face and tried talking to him. Telling him we are just trying to play some darts. He starts coming towards me with his fists curled. I think ok here we go. He is so drunk I could have knocked him over with a toothpick. I am about ready for him to start swinging and the bartender gets his attention and he walks over to her. She starts talking to him and he sits down. I grab his beer and drop it on the bar for him and he stays there.

We played some darts and laughed about him. Finished our drinks and headed home.

I'm pretty sure Dave would be disappointed in me. But I tried to resolve it peacefully. Should have just let him swing then laid him out.

Back