• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Darn A/C.....

AzPete

My 2-60 A/C is not working worth crap today in my '66. On most of the 1pm trip thru town, it was more of a 2-40 unit. I had to stop and add a can of M.A.L.T. to the core unit to make it back home. At least the car stayed below 190 for the trip in stop and go traffic at 90+ temps. :pep

Pete sorry to hear that your 2-60 air is not working the best. Hope that the M.A.L.T. helped cool you down. Oh by the way my factory A/C worked great when I drove mine today. :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool

okay, learn me... what is M.A.L.T.? and my 429 has been running okay in stop and go 97 degree weather ever since I went to 25% antifreeze instead of 50/50.

The 2-60 A/C is scheduled for replacement but I may have spent to much on M.A.L.T. additives (based on scales) over the last season. I am on a hold for the finances to improve just a bit.

I think the core unit Pete is talking about is himself. As for M.A.L.T. I looked it up and is defined as "Barley or other grain soaked in water and spread until it sprouts and then dried and aged.It has a sweet taste and is used in brewing and distilling alcoholic liquors." Are you starting to get the picture?

"lethal289" said:
:wtf is wattles? :hmm
55836.jpg

Very good contribution to us from "Down Under".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back