• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dash Pad Install

Johnny M

I bought a new dash pad from Dashes Direct. Overall the fit seems good. On the lower passenger side there is a mounting stud which works fine however the same mounting stud is also on the drivers side which does not seem to be stock.

I had a look at the factory build guide and it only shows a mounting stud on the passenger side and there is no hole for the stud on the drivers side. There is this small bracket behind where the stud is on the drivers side.
IMG_1775.jpg

Has anyone else come up against this? Remove the bracket and drill the dash on the drivers side?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have a stud on both sides, most of the time you need to open up the hole to get it to fit. We are hoping to release in the next 2 weeks our all new vinyl covered abs plastic dash that will fit like a glove.

"mustangstofear" said:
You should have a stud on both sides, most of the time you need to open up the hole to get it to fit. We are hoping to release in the next 2 weeks our all new vinyl covered abs plastic dash that will fit like a glove.

I do have the stud on both sides however my problem is with the actual dash on the drivers side. There is no hole for the stud and that small brackets is in the way.

I believe the small bracket pictured is a remnant of the old dash pad... remove that bracket and you should be fine.

"stangg" said:
I believe the small bracket pictured is a remnant of the old dash pad... remove that bracket and you should be fine.

+1 or 2, or three, but pretty sure the others are correct as well.

"mustangstofear" said:

Very interested to know more about this part. The dashes direct part is less than good.

Re: Re: Dash Pad Install

"mustangstofear" said:

I'm throwing money at my laptop but nothing is happening.

I'm pretty excited about the dash. We are even going to have notches in the front just like Ford had so you can line up the screws very easy for the trim. We are also fitting the dash much nicer to the factory a/c vents, and yes the sag in the front will be gone. Oh, we will be making one with a built in gauge pod.

Back