• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

December 2008 Car of the Month- Flysure's 73 Mach1

Sluggo

Thanks for making it easy for me this months guys! We managed to get one car nominated this month!
AS luck would have it, it's a nice 'un. Sluggo like da 71-73 Machs cuz he used to own one.
Flysure's 73 Mach1 is the winner! :pep :ban :df

Lay out the vitals for us bro.

88_08_11_08_7_34_47_0.JPG

88_08_11_08_7_34_48_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: December Car of the Month

Very nice Rod. 1st time I've ever seen the interior. Looks great!

Ahhh...the Viking Longboat!! Can't you just hear the Ride of the Valkyries in the background?

Congrats, Rod!

Thanks for making it easy for me this months guys! We managed to get one car nominated this month!
AS luck would have it, it's a nice 'un. Sluggo like da 71-73 Machs cuz he used to own one.
Flysure's 73 Mach1 is the winner!

Lay out the vitals for us bro.
I bought this car at an estate auction in 2001, it needed a fair amount of work, I did most everything except shoot the paint and I had a body shop rough in the drivers quarter panel skin, it is close to stock, 351 cleveland 2 bbl, ps,pb, c6,cold air!--I had dual exhaust put on it and added the magnums a few years ago (the aluminum slots look too small on these cars) I also added roller bearing spring perches and 1 inch lowering 620# springs, I also converted the headlights from the factory glowing embers to h4's using relays-(one of the best upgrades I have done) added petronix II ingition, and white face overlayed the gauges. The car has a sad history, the original owner was a woman who ordered it new, she was killed in another vehicle wreck, she had a young daughter who wanted to drive it when she got her license, she turned 16 and died from lukemia, the car then sat under a carport for near 20 years at the original owners mothers house, it is showing less than 20 thousand miles on the odometer, it is supposed to be original but I can't document that, I never used to be a big fan of the 71-2-3's but they kind of grow on you, they ride sweet and it drives a lot better with the roller bearing perches and 620's!

They do grow on you. I got mine because it was really cheap and I really dug the car after I got it finished.
Wish I still had it. ~sad

Post some pics of the old ride Sluggo......

Sorry to steal your post/thunder Fly....

"Fast68back" said:
Post some pics of the old ride Sluggo......

Sorry to steal your post/thunder Fly....

I can't find any. I lost them all in a hard drive failure. I tried looking on the net put could not turn any up.

Ok I found one. Note the shaved and painted rear bumper and blended in rear valance?

It was my first Mustang endeavor. It won Silver(85 points) in street driven class at 03 MCA nationals in Houston the first time out. It also won the Reilly's Nostalgia award at the 04 Fun Ford weekend. Then I sold it and traded in the 02 Gt (with 3k on the clock) in the background to pay for college and a Corolla for no.1 daughter.

The car at the time was missing the spare, jack and tools, the column was all scratched up the belt moldings were off and the quarter glass w/strips were rotted. Deduct for the spare/jack/tools was 5 points. All of which was taken care of after I got my judging sheet. I never got to show the car again before I sold it.

The Mallory came off and I converted it to a duraspark with an msd box under the dash and a blaster coil painted to look like the original part.

Man I miss that car ~cry

Rod is a great guy, very well deserved. :icon_thumleft: Sluggo, love the dog dish caps!

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!---I am not sure about getting all of you tickets for the awards ceremony, I hear they are going to be harder to get than Obama inauguration tickets! I really want to thank Midlife for his take on it, I see him cracking the rowing whip on the long boat!

Congrats Rod. Your "step child" looks nice. They are actually growing on me too.

Back