• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Do I need a new carb?

Kooter

So after a few cocktails after work I decided to try and tune my car again. I started adjusting the idle mixture screws. I noticed that the passenger side screw would not get tight. So I pulled the screw to discover that the screw broke leaving the tip inside the carb. I pulled the carb and attempted to use an ez out to free the tip. Of course the ez out snaps inside the tip. If I would of been sober I wouldn't of tried this knowing that small ez outs only cause more headaches. I am now even more pissed off and try to use a small punch to tap it out from the other side. After a few taps the punch punch slips out of my hand and mucked up the hole on the inside of the carb. So now I have a carb that afu and I don't know if it's is even save able at this point. Thoughts?

As a minimum, you need to replace the section that the mixture screw is on.....based on the type of carb. Possible the entire card. Once those holes are messed up, not much you can do.

Sounds like someone tightened the mixture screws way to tight. They should just bottom out for adjustment purposes.

Back