• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Door window fitment issue

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Once we moved gtscode's driver door forward since it was way too close to the B pillar, we notice that there is a significant gap between the back edge of the glass and the body's outside belt weather stripping along the B pillar. Is there a fore and aft adjustment? Maybe we have the vent window assembly too far forward a tad? I assume that if we move the window back, that the front vent assembly would also have to come back as well?

Just for reference, here's the area on my car that I'm yakkin' about. Gtscode's gap is probably twice as mine.

7utyzy3e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you should be able to move the vent back a little. if you just move the door glass, then you will have a gap at the front. IIRC on that year model, the door glass front to rear adjustment are the tubes that guide it up & down that the cast "c" attachments wrap around. loosen everything up, set the vent first, then the door glass.

I think the rear vertical runner is in a fixed position, as are the wheels that are on the glass' base frame. That controls the for / aft position from what I can see of my old deskinned door pics... Any chance that bracket for that runner was damaged at some point thereby shifting the glass position forward... Maybe someone put some shims between the bracket and the door shell?

Have you compared the back edge of the door skin relative to the back edge of the glass' stainless trim? If the door was re-skinned at some point, maybe it was shifted too far aft?

It may just be the way the picture was taken but it almost looks like the front of the glass is tipping down, which could cause the top of the vertical gap to be larger?

Is the sealing tape installed between the molding and the weatherstrip channel? Not that it would matter too much, but should account for 1/16" or so.

Well loosened everything up and followed the manual. Craig did most of it :)

Looks pretty dang good. No more air gaps!!!

Back