• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dual Point Distributors

janschutz

Corn Hauler
A friend wants me to sell some dual point distributors he has had a long time. He also has a new in box Pertronix Ignitor. What is the high/low figures for these? He says one of them came out of a 67 Shelby GT350.

I was thinking of taking one of them and the pertronix and replacing the vacuum advance distributor in my A-code motor. Is that worth the time and $ or should I just sell them and keep my current distributor in the A-code?

Distrub1.jpg

Distrub2.jpg

Distrub3.jpg

Distrub4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That distributor is from a 289K and 350GT car, both 65 and 66. For the restorer looking for the proper parts, the dizzy would be worth a pretty penny. Snatch it up, and put it on e-bay.

Dual point dizzies are a pain to keep in tune.

"Midlife" said:
That distributor is from a 289K and 350GT car, both 65 and 66. For the restorer looking for the proper parts, the dizzy would be worth a pretty penny. Snatch it up, and put it on e-bay.

Dual point dizzies are a pain to keep in tune.
agreed, I had a Mallory dual point on my first 67 and it did need the occasional tuning. the K code guys will eat those up! (BTW I sent you a PM about the coupe)

Back