• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Edelbrock 1406 help

SkidMark

Pulled the Holley off my Mach1 (cause I know its good) and put it on my sons '65 to get it running. I have a nearly new Edelbrock 1406 laying around, so I put it on my Mach 1. Driving down the road (not braking or accelerating) if I pop it in nuetral or push the clutch in it dies. It will start right back up and sometimes idle fine, other times it will stall. If I pull over to check it out, it will sit and idle just fine. I printed the Edelbrock owners manual today, just thought maybe someone here had ran into this.

has it sat for a while on the shelf? i had one on a truck i built a few yrs ago that did the same thing. it had sat for almost a yr while i was doing bodywork paint etc. i took the top off & cleaned all the little passages out that had varnished up & it ran fine after that. there are some really small holes in there that can gum up quickly if they set for any period of time.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
has it sat for a while on the shelf? i had one on a truck i built a few yrs ago that did the same thing. it had sat for almost a yr while i was doing bodywork paint etc. i took the top off & cleaned all the little passages out that had varnished up & it ran fine after that. there are some really small holes in there that can gum up quickly if they set for any period of time.

I'll second that .

Back