• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exciting Day, a real barn find

lethal289

check these out.

1970 Kit Car, last inspected 1991

166_02_08_09_4_04_56_2.jpg

Dodge desoto, im thinking 60? last inspected 1975 Unsure of of motor size, I know nothing about mopar. Couldnt find any tags, or casting numbers, but its original.

166_02_08_09_4_04_56_1.jpg

166_02_08_09_4_04_55_0.jpg

166_02_08_09_4_04_01_4.jpg

166_02_08_09_4_04_01_3.jpg

Early Vega Last inspected 1965. has a chevy small block in it with dual 4 barrel intake and carbs, ran the numbers, And they are from a 58 vette.

166_02_08_09_4_04_00_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some interesting cars for sure. You got plans for all them? Looks like a bit of buffing and you could be on the road.

Some rodents got into the electrical system. so who knows. I'm in the research stage at the moment. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Or anywhere to find some, the Internet hasn't been promising thus far.

That Desoto is awesome! I wonder if it has a Hemi. Does it have a cross-ram intake? That would be too good to be true...

Thanks pete, I appreciate the help. The bradley nailed it. As far as i know at this point the vega (being the car of my choice) is already spoken for. And the desoto isnt a hemi. Im asuming that its a 361, the only other option is a 383, but i dont know how to tell the difference.

Glad I could help. I found no pictures of a Vega with the grill that one has. They were all 3 sectioned units. The rear roof line is also different in a lot of them.

You can check the tail light lens for possible year of man. or at least a range to start looking.

"monkeystash" said:
Wow, cool Vega & DeSoto! Sorry, but the kit car is horrible.
Yea, but its pristine. that plastic on the windows, is the original film from the kit, they never even removed it. Its a stick, i got it to start and run, even drove it around the yard, its great.

Thanks Pete, ill check.

Pure guess on my part but is the Kit car based on a Fiero? Since there is another right behind it and the front doesn't look to be able to fit an engine.

"KBMWRS" said:
Pure guess on my part but is the Kit car based on a Fiero? Since there is another right behind it and the front doesn't look to be able to fit an engine.
If it's a Bradley GT it is based on a VW bug.

wow, that's a damn nice "barn" too. Don't normally see a CMU barn, expecially one with additional CMU structural pilasters. An actual engineered "barn"... interesting concept... :conf

Oh, and cool find too. :nice

"70_Fastback" said:
wow, that's a damn nice "barn" too. Don't normally see a CMU barn, expecially one with additional CMU structural pilasters. An actual engineered "barn"... interesting concept... :conf

Translation: Engineer gobbledygook for cement block construction. :rofl

"Fast68back" said:
I'd rather have the Fiero..........

If you really want a Fiero, my neighbor has one that has been sitting in his garage for several years. I got sick of him trying to get me to buy it off him so I have been spreading the word. There was someone coming to look at it the other day but haven't heard yet if they struck a deal or not.

"RustyRed" said:
If you really want a Fiero, my neighbor has one that has been sitting in his garage for several years. I got sick of him trying to get me to buy it off him so I have been spreading the word. There was someone coming to look at it the other day but haven't heard yet if they struck a deal or not.
Whats it going for, this one has a v6, automatic, power everything, and is a GT (like that means a lot for a fiero).

CMU - concrete masonry unit. Yea has steel doors and a steel roof. There an 18 inch beam, with a cable lift. the place kinda kicks ass.

My neighbor wants to get $2k for his.

1988 red GT – V6, T-tops, automatic, around 85,000 miles,, very good body, cloth interior- has not been started in 4-5 years

I'll have to ask them what if anything came from the guy coming to look at it the other day. His looks pretty nice but I have just never liked Fieros myself.

I roomed with a couple of guys in college that had them and they never did much for me. I had to drive them home a few times when they had too much to drink when we would go clubbing back in the day :kaid

Back