• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust sound bites

Well, I'm a day late & a dollar short, as usual. Looks like this thread is pretty long in the tooth. But I'm going to post a link to a quick clip anyway :)

Engine: warmed-up 351 Cleveland
Mufflers: Spintech Sportsman Streets
Pipe Diameter: 3" from collecter to "X", 2.5" coming out of "X" the rest of the way
Headers: Ford Powertrain (FPA)
exits car: rear valance
X pipe: Dr. Gas
H pipe: n/a

Sunday drive (short clip)

I must be getting old though, because I'm already thinking of toning it down some :hide

I don't know if I'm sold on the tone, either.

Well, that sounded real crappy on my laptop.......hmmmmm. Sounds like the mic/volume of the camera was overpowered by the open headers. Like the 329 emblems.

"AzPete" said:
Well, that sounded real crappy on my laptop.......hmmmmm. Sounds like the mic/volume of the camera was overpowered by the open headers. Like the 329 emblems.

Really? Is your laptop a Chevy?

Anyhow, I've played it a bunch of times on my computer and on my TV at home and it was fine. It was my first upload to YouTube...i'm behind the times

It does have a weird buzz in the background, but the engine still sounds FREAK'N AWESOME!!

Yes, I had to turn the vol. way up to hear the engine over the buzz. The engine sounds great.

Hey blackford, that's the same cam I run in the Clevo!

Like others said, exhaust rumble is kinda hard to hear, but you can tell it's there :thu

I played the video at home from YouTube and it has the buzz...WTF!

I uploaded 2 videos yesterday to YouTube. The other is my son and I skiing in Mammoth in the Sierras and the audio on that one was fine here and at home.

I'll see if I can replace the car video.

Back