• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust system dilema

Since you have been so much help in all other issues I need help with an old one. I have been reading some of these posts but none are exactly my situation. My 65 has a rebuilt 93, 302 EFI engine in it. Trickflow twisted wedge heads, comp cam, Trickflow plenium. It is currently at Roush Racing getting a tune and new chip. I used the old Patriot long tubes from my 83 engine to save a few bucks. BAD choice. It was only pulling 265 rwhp so they started doing some testing. Found out the headers and 2 1/4 inch exhaust was costing me around 75 hp due to the restriction on headers and exhaust. Dropped exhaust behind the headers and got 35 rwhp. I talked to Trickflow and they said long tube with 1 5/8" primaries, 3" collectors and 2 1/2" exhaust. At this point the $ is secondary for the hp gain. Have a 94 T5, Maier Racing sfc's and X-member and stock shock towers. Need any advice ASAP. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• DSC_1434-web copy.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 60
Back