• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Explorer question

RustyRed

Anybody know about '07 Explorers on here?

Mine has been doing weird things the last week or two.

My air bag light keeps coming on...sometimes it comes on and sometimes not.

The other strange thing it has been doing is right after I start it, it flashes the headlights in a quick on then off again fashion....like someone flicked the high beams on to tell someone they are clear to change lanes.

Wondering if it's a fuse or something else electrical might be fried?

Any time a newer vehicle starts doing odd electrical things, have the battery checked first.

"AzPete" said:
Any time a newer vehicle starts doing odd electrical things, have the battery checked first.

You may have a point. Last time I had the battery replaced it was hard to start a few times. One morning it was hard to start and at lunch when I started it up the airbag light came on so I went straight to O'Reilly and replaced the battery in their parking lot.

Might try to run over there at lunch and see if they can test it.

Don't forget the alternator either - I had a BMW that did strange things when running, but alt & battery tested OK. Alt gave up a few months later, and after replacement, the odd behaviours stopped.

Took it over to O'Reilly and the battery tested as bad.

The old battery was only a year and a half or so old they replaced it for free. My guess is the 105 + degree heat in August zapped it, that plus I rarely drive more than short five to ten minute drives around here.

It started doing strange things a week or two ago so I would have thought it would have left me stranded and needing a jump start by now.

Back