• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

EZ Wiring Harness Rewire

Is there enough wire to run taillights and headlights up/down their respected sides of the car? I figured that would look a little bit cleaner instead of running it all the way across the front of the car.

"southern_boy" said:
Is there enough wire to run taillights and headlights up/down their respected sides of the car? I figured that would look a little bit cleaner instead of running it all the way across the front of the car.

in short, no. most of these harnesses are made so that headlamps, park lamps etc, loop from one side over to the other. the exception is turn signals. up front, i usually run the wiring across under the top lip of the core support. that pretty well keeps it hidden & protected.

"southern_boy" said:
As long as you are re-wiring the whole car, you can do whatever you want. Section in extra lengths of wire to get it as long as you need to run wherever you want. If you wrap the harness sections no one would ever see a change in wire color where you sectioned in a length or two but most importantly, you would still have the same wire color at the source as you did at the termination.

IMHO, if you are going to all the trouble of a complete re-wire, do it up as you like. In most cases, that means trying to keep unsightly wires hidden by re-routing from factory locations.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
craig,
did you use the mustang specific harness or the universal? i used one of their harnesses made for the 67-72 chev pickup when i built the shop truck & never have i had such an easy time wiring a vehicle! i think i had the whole thing finished in about 3 hrs. truly a "plug & play" operation.
. I used the Mustang specific harnesses.

Back