• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Finished" pics of the '70

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
The maiden voyage went great Saturday! I spent most of sunday tweaking small stuff. But I do have a miss at around 3000 RPM, which I am contributing to those damn Ford racing plug wires. I've had trouble with them in the past, so I feel that they are probably the culprit once again.

And also, I have noticed that after I drive for a while then park and go to restart, it takes a while for it to fire again. It doesn't act like a timing issue, it's not kicking back or hard to crank, it's like it's starved for gas. I have to hold the pedal to the FLOOR and it will crank for 3 to 4 seconds before it ever catches and goes... Any suggestions to that one?

-------------------------------------------

And here are some "finished" type pictures. But we all know what finished means with mustangs. And I do like the look of the spoiler now. Adjustment made a huge difference for me.

284967.jpg

284968.jpg

284969.jpg

284970.jpg

284971.jpg

284972.jpg

284973.jpg

284974.jpg

284975.jpg

284976.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The GF loved it. This was a weekend that my kido was gone, so no ride for him yet. And I'm still not real sure of the legalality & logistics of a high back booster seat in the car with no shoulder restraints for him.

What do yo think...?

90000_1_lg.gif
You could run a temporary tether into the trunk to secure the top like the new cars have and just use the lap belt on the bottom.

How much does he weigh?

My vehicle has only a lap belt system, what do I do?
If your child is over 40 pounds they may be transported in the back seat without a booster seat if the back seat of your vehicle is only equipped with lap belts. Booster seats should only be used with a lap/shoulder belt combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, those seats are like sitting on a fat chick, you just melt into them and they wrap around you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that :nice

Yes, they tilt way forward, but the shoulder harness' will try to pull them back down occasionally if they get caught up a bit - but not a big deal though.

"joesgt281" said:
I also like the fact that those seat backs tilt for rear seat access.

Are we still talking about fat chicks or J's seats?

So on each bolt for the seat belts, you have both ends on either side? Like what I'm trying to say is the left harness starts at the left bolt on the floor, loops up over the seat, then right back into that same bolt at the bottom? I'd love to do that, but I don't think it'd stay too well on my seats, whereas you have the hold to hold them into place. If I had a welder I'd pull my interior and weld in a roll bar.

Back