• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Finished" pics of the '70

Very nice car...you should be proud; I know I would be. But couldn't you at least photoshop in some side windows?

And where's the StangFix windshield sticker? Hmmmm?

"70_Fastback" said:
They attach down on the floor to the same lap belt bolt.

AAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRGGGGG!!! Really bad idea.

Belts stretch approx. 20% in an impact. With your shoulder straps so long you'll probably still smash your head into the steering wheel.

With them mounted so far below your shoulders, in an impact they will pull you down into your seat. Spinal compression injuries could occur.

4pt belts are no good. Without a sub slot in a frontal impact the shoulder belts will go taught and you are very likely going to 'submarine' under that lap belt moving the buckle up off your pelvis and into your soft tissue.

For your car because you want to use the backseat I would ditch those 4pt belts and install a retractable 3pt setup.

Other than that, I LOVE the car! That yellow looks awesome. :naug

Thanks Randy.

And Shaun, I appreciate your input as well. And I actually I have not been wearing the houlder harnesses when I drive it because it does seem to pull the lap belt up into my ribacious chiseled six-packed abdomen. Which is just not real comfortable.

Time for a roll bar and 5 pts.......too bad nobody has a set to give you :burn

"70_Fastback" said:
Thanks Randy.

And Shaun, I appreciate your input as well. And I actually I have not been wearing the houlder harnesses when I drive it because it does seem to pull the lap belt up into my ribacious chiseled six-packed abdomen. Which is just not real comfortable.

You never told me you had a ribacious chiseled six-packed abdomen. That changes everything. Forget the belts and just try to tense up during a crash. :nice

"70_Fastback" said:
So he ran it finally? How'd it go??

I didn't say he ran it :skull He just finally installed them....he's too much a pu$$y to get it to the track :wtf

"Shaun" said:
You never told me you had a ribacious chiseled six-packed abdomen. That changes everything. Forget the belts and just try to tense up during a crash. :nice

:rofl :rofl :rofl

"Shaun" said:

That's his euphemism for his beer gut.

Back