• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

First Monthly SOB Dumbo Award: Nominations Needed

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
A new award has been created with a lot of clamor, one that surely has everyone excited to win! The SOB Dumbo Award is a monthly award, given to a recipient who has made a very stupid and thus, avoidable, mistake or action, usually leading to bodily damage or at least gross embarrassment. The winner will undoubtedly be razzed for the next month, and can proudly include it in his/her/its signature.

Nominations are sought for events that happened during the month of May, and must have been described within that month here on StangFix. Nominations must cite the individual, thread, and post, best done by a link included in the nomination. Nominations will close Saturday night June 3), Midnight central time. Nominations will then be examined for their merit by yours truly, and then a poll will be created on Sunday for voting by the StangFix membership, lasting one week.

Let the nominations begin!

We have yet to see a serious candidate put forth. Don't be afraid; you can self-nominate!

About 6 weeks ago, I was on a walk, tripped on a raised sidewalk seam, put a nice slice from my glasses over my right eye and got knocked out. Woke up in the hospital and had 8 stitches..

Does that count, or does it go towards the 'you're stupid' award?

Had to occur in the month of May. Sorry for you being stupid and too early.

I draw blood every time I work on the car. Happens so often I don't even pay attention to it. These are lame so far.

Earlier today I drove around with a mis-adjusted valve (in my defense it started out properly adjusted, but then the nut backed off because stupidity). I knew that the nut was going to back off but I needed tires and an alignment check, so I just re-adjusted the valve at each stop, and then it would start hammering again a hundred feet or so down the road. Normally not any big deal, but while it was hammering away horrendously, the rocker kicked its way partially off the top of the valve, which then caused it to cut a big hole in the rocker stud, wear down part of the rocker, and grind off part of the valve stem tip.

Fortunately, I had a spare rocker stud hanging around so I popped that in. Unfortunately, I had nothing to repair the other parts, so I just slapped it all back together with the worn rocker and the junky valve stem and double nutted the stud so the stupid nut wouldn't back off again. I then put a mile on the car before someone informed me that all of my rear lighting was nonfunctional.

Tomorrow, I will replace the lighting fuse that's blown and then I'll drive to California.

As you can see, this has the potential to turn into an even better doofus story :eek:

Lock nut for that rocker arm must be wore out.
Where in CA are you headed? Saying I'm going to CA is like saying I am going to Germany as CA is so big...

Yes, but saying I'm going to CA when everyone else on the 'Fix has recently said they're going to Modesto for American Graffiti Festival... you can imagine where I'll probably end up ;) Though I'll be doing basically the southeast 25% of the state I suppose.

Ok good luck on the trip. If you get to Bishop, you must stop at Schattz bakery for some of their Shepherd's bread. They also sell a mix so you can bake it at home.

Back