• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foods that are not so good in a vacumn sealer.

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
I thought it would be cool for us to start a thread that shows the epic fails of the vacuum sealer.

I sealed a bunch of unused shredded cheese in order for it to last longer. It was a mistake from the smoker that I had to shred. I thought it would keep longer. I really didn't get a chance to test that out since we wanted to use some of it tonight. So I opened the vac pack and what I found was a big lump of stuff. I had to shred it again.

Still tasty, but funny.

Sorry it got put into the grater before I could snap a pic.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
It was a mistake from the smoker that I had to shred.

Mel

Mel,
Huh? Please explain what you mean. And, just how much shredded cheese did you have? Assuming you were going to use it in the near future, just placing it in a zip lok bag would have probably done the job. I've never vacuum bagged shredded cheese but could imagine by removing all the air, the cheese would probably stick together. Next time, pics!

Yep, I do wish I had taken a pic. It was in a zip lock gallon size bag and I wasn't sure when we would get around to using it.

So in the vacuum bag it went. It looked like a white alien monster of the 50's era films.

It was very amusing. Maybe I should try soup or jam! :)

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Shredded cheese, sugar, and pork loins for me. The sealer made the pork almost flat when I was making the canadian bacon so you need to place it correctly before sealing it. The sugar stayed in the shape in a few chumps and the sugar became 1 mass again.

Back