• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

For those with a Paxton..I have a question

ok.. narrowing down on my problem with the car flooding and shutting down. This is hard to do when 3 or 4 people have worked on the car over the years....

Just to recap.. My car is a Hipo 289 with a SN93 Paxton and Mighty Demon 650BC (Blower Carb). The car runs fine for 30 minutes and then shuts down...let it sit for 20 minutes, it starts back up.. Strong smell of fuel..

I have ordered a wideband, so this should help isolate the problem...

Now, the question....

--->>>>>Based on the below Paxton install guide, it looks like my carb needs modification, but was not... Since My carb is a Demon Blower Carb, do I still need to do that modification?? or... Did my uncle forget to do it and it needs to be done??????

I actually found the Paxton install guide...

Appendix A (For the Bonnet Kit)

A.1 Carburetor Modifications

a..It says to use a Holley 650, 4776 or 4777 (I have the Demon 650BC)
b..Remove the float bowls
c..Remove the floads and exchange them with the solid floats p/n 1163000.. (I assume the Demon BC has this, right??)
d..Drill a 7/16" Hole, Tap 1/4-18 NPT Thread size per enclosed diagram in each Float bowl.. (This was not done...)
e..Install the elbows and their supplied inlet fittings (This was not done)
f..Use the supplied gasket as a teplate and drill 4 1/16 Holes through the carburetor baseplate to throttle shafts..(this was not done)

Jetting
g. USe the following as a guide depending on the type of exhaue system your vehicle has:
-Headers and Dual Exhause - 0.67 primaries and .089 secondaries (No clue what I have as it is the stock Demon 650BC)..

I hope someone can answer, but if they can't you should just call Barry Grant Carbs and ask a tech. They'll be able to tell you what was done, and what may or may not need to be done.

Good luck with your flooding problem!

Back