• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Free Shirt for first five

Ok thought i would hand out some shirts.

First five posts get em. Shipping included except out of country. (canada is ok)

You have to tell me about your car and what your plans are in the future with your car.

Once you are in the forst five pm me with your size and address

Let's see if all goes well :$$$ my 65 will be back the road later this year after about a 5 year do-over. I've owned this particular 65 for 25 years and this will be it's 3rd go around with change personalities. Won't give our all the details as waiting for offical debut. Over view would be car was last seen as Pearl White and Blue trans-am style track car. This en carnation will retain some of past life however more of show car life style with occasional cruise. Powerplant will remain 550RHP 347 stroker tied to Richmond 6 speed. New Colors, along with MANY custom one off features. Perhaps theme could be "Shaved Smooth" might work. Coming later in 2010

"Venom" Strikes again

That's all folks

I'll proudly wear one! a big one though XL...
sweet deal man!
Forgot to tell about the car, I have had it 20 years. It's a coupe with a little E style and a little Shelby. I always wanted a GT500 KR convertible but knew I would never have one so I built what I call the Super Coupe. It has a 429 with a C6 and I hope to add a 5 speed. I like to shift and I only get 13mpg! I am taking it on the Hot Rod Power Tour as a long hauler this year! I can't wait. I'm also building a mini me version and hope to build a trailer from a POS coupe.
I got my car's pic into a calender this year, that was cool. Maybe you'll see it in Hot Rod magazine? probably not. Anyway, I like the new nose you have on the GT500CR, so if you sell those someday I might upgrade. I also want to change the D0VE heads to Kaase aluminum heads and a bigger cam. I am for sure getting wider/bigger tires someday also. It will never be done but I'm enjoying driving it and hope to build another for my wife. Thanks for supporting the hobby!
72_11_12_09_7_36_44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im planning on a front disc conversion, 9 inch rear with some stout gearing, and eventually want to do some shelby style tail lights. I've always been fond of the GT/CS rear end. With a baby comming now, my concentration has been elsewhere. Setting up a room, insulating, painting, new windows, trim etc... But some day (soon hopefully) i'll get some serious work done on the car. Right now its drive able, and that is all i've been doing with it. :vic

I have a 67 fastback that I've been restoring for just over 4 years now, and I'm on the home stretch. I've never done any auto restorations before now, and it's been a real learning experience. I definitely have a lot of respect for professional restoration folks!

I still need to install new side mirrors (but been chicken to drill through the new paint), and I need to get the weather stripping glued in the door channels. Also, I still want to fabricate some brackets to mount the brake ducting to the front & rear rotors.

Going forward in the future, I may want to go with a steeper rear end gear (3.50 now... may move up to 3.89 or 4.11). Then, much further down the road, after I wear out the current engine, I'd like to step up to a stroked 351w with a EFI setup... something like this!

polished_351_2.jpg

One owner 66 coupe purchased July 3, 1966. now has over 250000 miles.

Do not plan on making any changes to it.

Which one? :craz

1st one is my wifes car, this one started it all for me! It's a 66 vert that her father had when she was in high school. Her and both her sisters drove it when they were young, one of them ran over a wheelbarrow... It had one wheel in the JY when we got it, had been in a barn for many years and was in really rough shape. About 4 years later (I'm slow) it was on the road and she got to take it to work for the first time to "show off". Wellllll... There just happened to be a freak thunderstorm that day. For one, wwe hadn't replaced the top yet... for another, I forgot to put the wipers on!! :ecit

Believe it or not, I didn't get in trouble for that... LOL

I had picked up 3 parts cars while I was fixing hers, and one of them was in really good shape structurally so I decided to make one for me too. Made some really sweet through the floor sub-frame connectors, boxed in the upper and lower arms, PS, dual rate front springs, 5.0 roller with a T5, have an Ac setup to put in, 4WDB with PBR calipers... I think there's more, but at that CRS age....

Then because I wanted to drive something while I'm putzing with this project I got a 91 5.0 Foxbody. That's got 3:73's, close ratio T5, GT40P heads, B cam, Explorer intake, 75 mm TB 73mm MAF, Bassani catted X pipe... Just got a nice Cervini's SVO style fiberglass for it...

Am I worthy?
:craz

Thank you for sharing your rides with me. If you get a chance please post some photos here. I would like to see them.

BITEME and MIDPACK need to PM me with address and size please.

Im sending 6 not 5 :)

Thanks again jason! :pbj :pbj

"ClassicRecreations" said:

Just goes to show you why i spend so much time here. This place is full of great people! Very Cool move!

Thank you for sharing your rides with me. If you get a chance please post some photos here. I would like to see them.

BITEME and MIDPACK need to PM me with address and size please.

WAY cool!!

Thanks man :vic
I saw there were two posts between when I started mine and when I posted it, but after all that (slow typing), figured I'd offer it up anyway... :p

Lethal,
Who makes your hoses? Those blue ones look killer. Also your air cleaner? Who makes that and what size is it?

hoses are Goodyear Hi-Miler Blue through summit, and the air cleaner is an Edelbrock elite 13 x 7 also through summit racing.

Here's a recent pic of the reassembly progress... almost done.
31_03_11_09_11_07_33_0.jpg

Here's a pic of the engine bay while working on it recently.
23791070217_large.jpg

Here's an older pic of the interior (before new paint).
23791070096_large.jpg

Here's a pic while at the body shop. Between poor repairs and some uncovered rust issues, lots of metal was replaced... ugh.
2379107_137_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason and I traded shirts when Sluggo and I visited his shop this past summer. Its a pretty sweet t-shirt, even for an E basher like myself!

Back