• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Friday out-guess Pete contest

1968 stang

Repost due to buyer's non-payment. 1968 Mustang coupe 289 automatic Car runs strong. Power steering not working. Needs to be detailed (sitting 2 years). 17" Am Racing wheels, custom interior. $

3k03p93l4ZZZZZZZZZ95kb95d1bcc06ca17d6.jpg
3kb3p23ldZZZZZZZZZ95k274ea8b69b2a1a25.jpg

3k63mc3p8ZZZZZZZZZ95kf2d7c68c68bb186e.jpg

He has been finishing up the small jobs on that 64.5 Vert. I have been dealing with.

Needs detailing, power steering not functioning, sitting 2 years, 1 buyer backed out......something is wrong with that car.
Average all the guesses, discount for power steering job, detailing, and an amount based on the one buyer backing out and I would carry 5500 to that deal. Most likely go home without it but what the heck. The color sucks anyway.

Now, who is going to go a buck higher and lower..........

Come on....nobody, I mean nobody is that good :wtf

Congrats........................................aaaaaaagain :toot

Average of all guesses.....9750, minus 1000 for steering (full rebuild of power stuff and front end), 1000 for detailing throughout the car for 2 years of sitting (will need more than a quick vacuum and buff), and I took off 2000 for what ever is wrong for the first buyer backing out. That put it at 5700....most sales are even $500 prices so I went down based on the crappy color...in my opinion.Now I will :run

Pete must scan all of the Craig'sList listings, just waiting for our little guessing game... :guns

Yea, like I could remember half of what I see. You know there are still full Wattles here that I am working on....

It is becoming VERY obvious that I am guessing WAY too high, basement figures come Monday. Look out Pete. :naug

One thing I seem to remember when this started....I believe the choice of vehicles is done based on something odd/stupid about the add. I always consider outrageous pricing as an option when guessing. I believe with the more common car selected the guess would be tighter.

Today, I left the house at 7:15, returned at 3:45. Unloaded the car of the tools I used, cleaned up, opened the forum opened a Wattles, and guessed/calculated the price at 4:12.

FYI, I suck at the lottery..........where it counts.

"Fast68back" said:
Is it me or does the car either not have drip rails or just not have the molding on?
Drip rails are there, no molding. I left mine off too.
72_16_05_09_8_20_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back