• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fuel and brake line advice?

65-408

Looking for some advice on fuel and brake lines for the 65 fastback... If I remember correctly, the fuel line for a 68 can be used and is better because it routes differently (throught the torquebox, which I have added) and away from the exhaust? can anyone confirm or should I just go with the 65 line?

I have upgraded to wilwood disc front and rear and will be going with a dual manual M/C, does it make sense to buy the lines? what would I be able to use assuming I can cut and reflare to adapt them or and I just better off bending my own?

Any input would be appreciated...

thanks,

jeff

Do you have subframe connectors? If so, I would use the 69 big block fuel line, it passes through the torque box like the 68, but it routes all the way back and runs along side the wheel well and crosses over behind the rear axle. I used the 69 fuel line in my 68 because I have TCP subframe connectors....

I bought sections of brake lines and fab'd up my own.

Rick beat me to it, I bought '68 3/8" lines to use from the tank and test fitted with my frame connectors luckily and they would have smashed the line. I bent my own from tank to fuel pump instead.

For brakes I used polymer coated lines from a NAPA co. store (indep. NAPA didn't have them) and they were the easiest lines to bend I have ever used. I bent the loops in the MC lines around a 3/4" socket without kinking. I used them for the rear line and front brake lines to. I had to add a union to the rear line in the tunnel as they only come 60" max but the original pass. brake line has the same union from the factory.

Here's my thread on bending the lines, etc. I used the SSBC/Summit dist./adj. prop. valve but Wilwood makes one for ~$50 at Summit.

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/inde ... l#msg80643

Jon

"Fast68back" said:
Do you have subframe connectors? If so, I would use the 69 big block fuel line, it passes through the torque box like the 68, but it routes all the way back and runs along side the wheel well and crosses over behind the rear axle. I used the 69 fuel line in my 68 because I have TCP subframe connectors....

I'm also using the 69/70 fuel line for same reasons, but do question if it might be too long for a 65.

Back