• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel filler Mods

"Sluggo" said:
Aren't gas pump nozzles made out of some potmetal looking material?

I assume them to be made of an aluminum alloy.... anyone travel around with a magnet that can check this?

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the added in restrictor plate rusting. It'll only rust as fast as any exposed internal surface area of the gas tank. Unless everyone here is constantly riding around with a full tank of gas and never lets the tank sit "not full", the inside of your gas tank is likely rusting to some extent.

This is a great idea. If you are concerned about rust you could use a gas tank sealer (available through Eastwood) to seal the metal. If you decide to make these I would buy one!!!!!

I kinda botched up one for another member here, he will test it in his area and give us feedback. I'm gonna make one like mine for my dad's 66 so that will be more feedback. I have filled my car several times since installing (one drawback to a 429 with 4:11's and no OD). I have seen a dramatic improvement in slosh or splash during the fill. Some pumps will still cause a little splash if allowed to autostop at full blast. I made the hole a little too big on mine. The other one used a washer with a tighter fit, we'll see how he reports on it. I'll make my dad's with a tighter fit on the nozzle as well. I have soem gas tank sealer now too so I will coat this next one. Thanks for the interest. If I get the bugs worked out I might have to crank out enough at least for members here.

Thats awesome craig. :toot :toot Just dont forget you have to put the coupes ahead of all those other guys! :boo :naug

"lethal289" said:
Thats awesome craig. :toot :toot Just dont forget you have to put the coupes ahead of all those other guys! :boo :naug
Well the first few so far are for coupes! :pep

"Fast68back" said:
How about running, coupes "on the road", that still puts Jake at the back of the line....

How embarrassing :bike

I would be willing to send you a stock neck after receiving a modified one........plus a bit of compensation.....lol Since I drive mine all the time, I hate to have it down for the time to ship and build. Does this work for you?

So Craig....... are you saying that if I maybe go online to a Mustang parts house and have a couple 2-3 new filler necks shipped to your front door I might say maybe in a week or two see a modded fuel filler neck show up at my front door??????

Let me perfect the modification and get a little feedback from those using them (in case adjustments need to be made) and then I'll take care of the members of SF. I'm not looking to make a profit but I don't want to make junk either. My first two have already taught me a few things.

Rick and Pete,
I should say if you guys want to be among the first few, send me one and Ill mod it and send it back. Then you guys give me feedback. My next one (for my dad) will be a combination of what I learned on the first two.

You mean you cannot produce 50 a day since you taught yourself how to weld yesterday..........lol......I just had to....sorry :cry

I will see if I can scrape one up. Got an address?

50 a day would be a stretch! Seriously though I want to do a good job on these and have a real solution to the problem so I don't want to get to carried away.
Address:
Craig Borden
812 Wildwood Drive
Russellville KY, 42276

Thanks for all the support

"Fast68back" said:
How about running, coupes "on the road", that still puts Jake at the back of the line....
:bird Ill have you know i drove it today. Ran and shifted nice. It will be getting inspected next week! so, :stfu

Back