• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel leak...

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So on occasion I take the '67 out for a run. Lately I have been smelling gas inside. I drop by a neighbor who has a '66 and we searched and could not find the source of the smell. Car runs fine.
We plan on heading to Good Guys today...at 5:45am. I pull up to his house and upon walking back to my car...with the street light reflection I see a puddle under the front of the engine. Tap it and yes its gas. Pop the hood and look around the fuel pump, dry. Ha...but the connection to an inline fuel filter with AN fittings it is wet. Not a good place to be spraying gas on the front of a hot engine. Back to my garage. No Good Guys show for me. And its a great sunny day here too. Dang it.
SF Fuel pump.JPG

A bit of fuel doesn't harm. And you have a big fan in front of it to blow away the fumes !!!

Disassembled the hose AN fittings. I'll order a new fitting, hose and filter.

Worked the line yesterday. Sorry phone pics stayed sideways.
SF Start hose.jpg
SF Finished hose.jpg
Carb lines removed and retightened. There was some fuel stains on the manifold under these connections.
SF Carb lines.jpg
Fuel filter with connections...trial fitting
SF Fuel filter.jpg
New fuel line...
SF Fuel line new.jpg

All finished and clamped down. Test ran the engine. Had a leak where hose connects with carb hoses...tightened and all good. No leaks.
SF Finshed line clamped.jpg

Now for today....new brakes pads for the F-250

Strange to have a -AN fitting leak like that. Things are usually pretty reliable. At least you got her back together quick.

Well when I first made that line it was Oct04. I guess heat and vibration got the better of it after 18+years.

Last edited:
Reusable fittings make crafting a replacement custom hose so much more convenient

Back