• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel Tank Option

Johnny M

All,
I am just about to order a new Fuel tank for my 67 E-car but just need a little help with the different options that are out there. I'd like to go with the fuel cell but I have to start keeping it real with what I am spending.

NPD have two options for the standard tank....with or w/o drain? The one with the w/o the drain being more expensive at $117 compared to €99. They also have the 22 gallon tank with a note that it will fit into a 67 with some modification to the filler neck. (No problem as i am going with the side filler.) anyone else using the 22 gallon on a 67? does it hang much lower below the valance?

Then i see Mustang Pony Parts have a Stainless steel tank. Has anyone used them yet? Apart from lasting longer are they worth the $300.

Thanks again,

Johnny

Laurie_S has a 22 gallon tank in Trouble. The difference is on the inside of the trunk, they do not hang any lower. Its a good mod, saves on filling up all the time. I would suggest a tank with a drain hole. Chances are you will come across a bad sending unit, unless you can find an NOS one, so it would be easier to drain, unless of course you like the taste of gas when trying to siphon the tank. I have never seen a stainless tank, sounds pretty cool, but thats quite a bit of extra $$$$.

Back