• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Funny discussion with old man at the tire shop.

A

Anonymous

So I'm at the tire shop this morning getting the new track tires installed on the TTD's and an old man walks in, looks at my tire / wheel combo and asks what they go on. I told him a 66 2+2 that I open track on the HPT road course. Got the normal deer in the headlight look and had explain what open track is.
He then tells me his buddy had a 64, laughing inside I explain there were no such cars, that some call them 64 1/2 but they were VIN'd as 65's. He was a little irritated, but finally sat there and listened as I explained the differences. He asked about my car and I told him I rebuilt it kinda like the 65 R models that Shelby built & raced. He then started to say that Shelby's first "car" was in 67....had to splain that one too.

He then says he had a 65 Fairlane, I just said "wish you would've kept that one huh" and then said "I don't ever plan on saying that" :rofl

I then whipped out my CotM prize and showed him the car :nice

I work with a guy who said his neighbor had a '62 Mustang.... Cool, I said!

Sometimes it's just not worth the trouble trying to explain...

Not mustang related but everytime I read something like this it reminds me of this idiot I got in a conversation with over one of my deer kills. Basically, it comes up in discussion about a 5 pointer I took. Guy proceeds to tell me of the 10 pointer he shot. Goes into detail about stand, time of day, gun, blah blah blah. I'm sitting there the whole time thinking, "I've known this guy for a couple years (employee) and there is nothing "hunterish" about him." I finally made the comment I didn't realize he ever went hunting and WITH ALL SERIOUSNESS, he looked at me and replied, "I haven't been. It was a game on my computer." He wasn't trying to be funny either. I don't know what my expression was but he shut up real quick.

I noticed that on Sat. I can say its the first time I have ever had a car in a car show and really didnt know what to expect, you get some really odd questions.

A few examples

Them: Why did you remove the rear quarter reflectors
me: I didn't like them

Them: Cool headlights, what kind are they
me: TriBar halogens
Them: Why do they call them that?
me: The three bars in the headlights and the halogen bulbs?

Them: I used to have a 65 coupe just like it
me: That musta been cool...

Them: Wanna sell it?
me:........um no...

Them: Where is the upper console
me: I dont have one... (kinda like the lower console I dont have)

Them: What size motor is that
me: Briggs&Stratton aquarium pump
Them: It must be fast.......

"Briggs&Stratton aquarium pump"

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Rick just wait till you get the people who tell you your wrong about the car. Because their sisters cousin had one that was done correctly.

I'm hoping to make my first car show this saturday. A side from CF9.0 that is.

I'm going to have Bonnie shave my head like Mr. T's mohawk; but I'll be Mr. WT. And i'll scare'em into giving me a trophy...

If you can't beat 'em... beat'em. :bash

Don't know, won't get to try em till the next track day. I'm trying the Nitto NT-01's, they're a DOT, R comp tire, came highly rated. Quite a bit cheaper then the Goodyears!

"70_Fastback" said:
I'm hoping to make my first car show this saturday. A side from CF9.0 that is.

I'm going to have Bonnie shave my head like Mr. T's mohawk; but I'll be Mr. WT. And i'll scare'em into giving me a trophy...

If you can't beat 'em... beat'em. :bash

Don't do the mohawk. Do the rally stripes.

Back