• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gasoline Wars!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Friday AM when I drove to work, the lowest price at the gas stations was $3.659. That afternoon, one station was down to $3.399, and that station was jammed! It turned out I needed gas, and this station was my usual spot. Today, I found gas as low as $3.329 for regular. Could this really be, or is it a trick for us to think that $3.25/gal gas is a bargain, so they can raise it up to over $4.00 and keep it there?

Damn, it's still $3.85 here in Atlanta. I was in Newark last Friday and saw it for $3.19. That just seemed cheap to me for almost NYC. Oil is below $88/barrel today, so I hope to see sub $3.00 soon, but maybe I'm just dreaming.

I go out at nite with my 5 gal can and a big ole siphon hose. = Free baby! But if I have to pay, we're around $3.79 for regular.

I filled up the car on Sunday for $3.46. It could have been 3.56 but I try not to pay attention any more. I just wish they had a petroleum jelly dispenser at the pump to make the screwing feel a little better.

Gas is now $3.059 per gallon! Amazing that it has dropped another $0.25 in just 2 days. At this rate, by the end of the month, they may be paying us to use gasoline. You think?

SOB! It hasn't dropped for crap around here! Still sitting at $3.78 this AM. I might just drive to Missouri to start filling up the tank. That'll teach the 'em.

Bite me. Used as a term of action and not to name a person. 3.49 here...3.25 if you feel like driving an extra 15 miles one way. Actually met with retirement guy Tuesday and I'll just say, "The meeting was full of laughs". So, I'm not working for the end so to speak and still paying out the wazoo to get to said work.

It's $2.899 for the cheap stuff here in Western KY... first time under $3 in a long time. Pretty sad when we think that is a good price!

Back