• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting Smoked Out Of My House Tonight

Laurie S.

Staff member
The Santa Catalina Mountains near my house are on fire again, probably from lightning strikes. Now tonight, there's a big storm and the wind has whipped up the smoke so you can't see much of the range. And, to make it worse, it's coming in my house through the a/c and other openings. My eyes are watering and it's choking me. It's so bad, I went outside to make sure my house wasn't on fire. Not fun!

Yeah, and I can't turn the a/c off, it's too hot. It's getting a little better now since the wind shifted. But, I can still smell it.

If you have easy access to the filters, shoot them with Fabreeze or something like that and it really helps. We had to do that in Safford when Mt. Graham was burning a few years back.

I don't have anything to spray on them, but it's time to change them, so tomorrow I'll swap them assuming the smoke stys away. It is getting better.

I'm not in any danger from the fires, it's just the wind shift that brought the smoke in. I'm probably 5 to 6 miles from the fire, fortunately.

Wow..I completely misread the title. I was about to say Party at Laurie's!

That sucks about all the smoke. Getting the stink out of the house will take a bit.

They just said on the news that it's a 2,000-acre fire in Reddington Pass, for those who know the Tucson area.

Well, you should be happy your eyes weren't watering due to eating one of my homemade burrito bombs. Nothing more wicked.

But seriously, sorry to hear about the situation you are going through. If you have any, take good care of the pets.

"cmayna" said:
Well, you should be happy your eyes weren't watering due to eating one of my homemade burrito bombs. Nothing more wicked.

What about the "afterburn" from those burrito Bombs.....................................that's got to burn th eyes!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes

Back